AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all...

I'm wondering, which Super Nintendo emulator plays Yoshi's Island at the best possible speed?

I'd be running it on the New 3DSXL with B9S.

Thanks for the help !!!

Last edited by AgentAntz,
Reactions: retrospect

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's the lesser version, but the GBA ver was officially released as Virtual Console. At the very least, you'll get full speed on it.

Oh, that would def work for now... Checking freeshop now. Thanks again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Snes9x gets pretty close on n3ds, but not quite there. Either a gba vc inject or mgba would be your best bet.
Thank you !!! Can you point me to a guide on here for vc inject? I'm not familiar with that.

Thanks again for your help

Reactions: Giodude and Scarlet

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AgentAntz

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's the lesser version, but the GBA ver was officially released as Virtual Console. At the very least, you'll get full speed on it.
I actually prefer the GBA version ( "Burn the witch!" I know I know) but I really enjoy the inclusion of the extra 6 levels, giving a complete file a score of 6000 instead of the 5400 of the SNES.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually prefer the GBA version ( "Burn the witch!" I know I know) but I really enjoy the inclusion of the extra 6 levels, giving a complete file a score of 6000 instead of the 5400 of the SNES.
The extra levels were rad, and the GBA version is the one I played most growing up. It's definitely good, but like... Going back to the SNES version years later, you realise the difference lol. The original just feels so much nicer to play.

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you are on n3DS, you could try injecting a snes rom for the snes virtual console, it should run perfectly. Don't ask me how to do it though, I have no idea, but maybe it would be similar to the gba method (which I never read so don't rely on me)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on n3DS, you could try injecting a snes rom for the snes virtual console, it should run perfectly. Don't ask me how to do it though, I have no idea, but maybe it would be similar to the gba method (which I never read so don't rely on me)
The reason this is impossible is because yoshi's island takes advantage of the super FX chip, which the virtual console has no support for atm. Other emulators struggle to emulate it as well, which is why this thread has gained so much momentum.

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason this is impossible is because yoshi's island takes advantage of the super FX chip, which the virtual console has no support for atm. Other emulators struggle to emulate it as well, which is why this thread has gained so much momentum.

I'm pretty old. Snes Yoshi's Island is def where it's at. It just runs too silky smooth for words. I heard the snes mini runs it to perfection too, which is what resparked my interest in it. But the snes classic is a unicorn right now, so I was looking for the best possible emulator.
I WILL SAY THIS: Yoshi's Island on GBA isn't horrible. The colors are not as rich, and sounds are def different from what's hardwired to my memory. But for someone who's never played the original, it's definitely worthy.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty old. Snes Yoshi's Island is def where it's at. It just runs too silky smooth for words. I heard the snes mini runs it to perfection too, which is what resparked my interest in it. But the snes classic is a unicorn right now, so I was looking for the best possible emulator.
I WILL SAY THIS: Yoshi's Island on GBA isn't horrible. The colors are not as rich, and sounds are def different from what's hardwired to my memory. But for someone who's never played the original, it's definitely worthy.
I have played them both, and I can say the red coin thing on gba drives me crazy. I'm just not sure how well snes9x runs it lately. It is odd nintendo avoided the super FX chip up untill the snes classic.

Reactions: AgentAntz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: