OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but I guess I have it easy. Paying 15 bucks for an Audible account each month. But I also have a steady job, not to many bills and a sugar mamma to boot.
I love audiobooks a lot but my problem with them is that i find them too easy to accidentally tune out. i find it hard multitask while listening to them because i'll get distracted and miss part of the story. even when i'm driving or doing repetitive mindless work and listening to a book my mind will too often wander off and i'll come back to the story and have no idea what's going on anymore.

that said it is very nice to have someone read me a story and i like having something besides podcasts and music to listen to while driving or working.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Im such an asshole lazy individual that Im still trying to finish ''Name of the wind'' by Patrick Rothfuss. I finish about 10 pages per month -,-

@wafflebeard
I have a serious question for you as also for everyone who enjoy audiobooks.
How on earth do you manage not to doze off? Im serious, Im put to sleep in about 5 minutes listening to any of those. It angers me really :D

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

wafflebeard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@wafflebeard
I have a serious question for you as also for everyone who enjoy audiobooks.
How on earth do you manage not to doze off? Im serious, Im put to sleep in about 5 minutes listening to any of those. It angers me really :D
typically i only listen to audiobooks while driving or while doing repetitive tasks like washing dishes. my job includes a lot of very repetitive work so i get a lot of "reading" done at work haha. personally i can't listen to audiobooks while playing games or doing anything that takes a majority of my mental focus because i end up getting distracted and missing parts of the book.

as far as avoiding falling asleep or dozing off goes, i don't know how to help you. maybe try listening to a book when you're fresh and awake or when you're in a situation where you're unlikely to fall asleep, like driving for instance.

does anyone else struggle to stay awake while listening to audiobooks? any tips for staying awake?

Last edited by wafflebeard,
Reactions: fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
typically i only listen to audiobooks while driving or while doing repetitive tasks like washing dishes. my job includes a lot of very repetitive work so i get a lot of "reading" done at work haha. personally i can't listen to audiobooks while playing games or doing anything that takes a majority of my mental focus because i end up getting distracted and missing parts of the book.

as far as avoiding falling asleep or dozing off goes, i don't know how to help you. maybe try listening to a book when you're fresh and awake or when you're in a situation where you're unlikely to fall asleep, like driving for instance.

does anyone else struggle to stay awake while listening to audiobooks? any tips for staying awake?
Maybe I should try listening while doing something else yes. I always tried listening while im comfortably tucked in my chair with a blanket on...so yeah :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there