Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana gets PC release on January 30

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Chary, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:40 PM.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    YS-VIII-755x425.jpg

NIS America will be bringing the PlayStation 4 and Vita title, Ys VIII, to PC at the end of this month. This announcement comes after the delay on the PC port of the game back in October, and the major criticisms fans had with the localization quality of the initial release. The PC version of the game will come with a re-translation of the game, which will also get patches on the PS4 and Vita later that same day.

Additionally, the game will offer four free DLCs for one month after launch, which consist of a digital art book, an item kit, a costume, and a mini soundtrack. You can check out GBAtemp's official review of the game down in the link below, as well. If you're interested in the game, NIS is taking requests for beta testers, here.

:arrow: GBAtemp Official Review
    :arrow: Source: NISA Twitter

DaMan, sephurchin, SLiV3R and 6 others like this.
  2. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Hand picked beta testers? Oh my.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I remember playing ys book 1 and 2 with my grandfather on the turbo grafx cd system, so I have very fond memories of the series. I'm not updating my ps4 or vita for obvious reasons, so I might get the pc version at some point. :)

4. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ah, finally. I was at first leery of the game's quality, but after playing it on Vita I can at least say the design is solid. I'm looking forward to playing the game at a decent framerate this time, and I'll be signing up for the beta as soon as I can.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    PICK ME PLEASE! ^_^

upload_2018-1-10_14-43-50.png

Chary likes this.
  6. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard That Annoying Everything Everyone Knows

Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Beta testing?
    What about gamma testing?

7. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    Norway
    Norway
    Finalllyy, PC master lol :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

8. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I was wondering why the PC version never showed up on that certain animal-based torrent tracker. The only Ys game I ever completed was Ark of Nephistim. Always wanted to get into the series after that, but never found the time.
    Let's hope the PC port is the definitive version this time.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've actually beaten ys book 1 and 2 on the turbo grafx, ys 3 on both the snes and the turbo grafx, ys 4 on both the snes and the turbo grafx. ys 6, and ys 7. I own all of those games minus the last two. part 5 I couldn't get into. it didn't really feel like ys. the turbo grafx versions of those games were amazing. I still think the sound of those games surpasses even the current games on pc or on console. :)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's about goddamn time, I'm tired of playing the same ones on PC when I'm not in the mood for emulating! That price though...:cry:

CallmeBerto likes this.
  11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    It's on both GOG and Steam.

12. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    I love the YS games!

13. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Since I can't pirated it on Vita and PS4, PC is my only hope to play this game.

ThoD likes this.
  14. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    As much as I want to support the company, with such a ridiculously high price, I'm going to pirate it too until it's affordable, even if that happens long after I get bored with it... I haven't looked into this game at all yet, but I hope they don't pull some bs things they did in YSζ like having to fight Scias in what you think is a boss fight only to realize after you've spent all your good items to recover the crazy high damage he does that it's not even an actual fight and ends after you damage him a bit...

15. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    And now you can cancel your pre-orders for Switch versions; summer is too far away.

16. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Let's be honest though, Switch sounds better control-wise considering how Ys is no fun without an analog stick:P

17. Geneolgia

Geneolgia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Zimbabwe
    This is the best game announced on the mini direct imo, another great rpg tn the list of the Switch, now i hope we get news of the next FE and Octopath looks interesting too.

18. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I haven’t played an Ys game yet. I wanted to start but there are so many games in the series I don’t know where to start.

19. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    One of the newer ones would be a good start, Ys VI: The Ark of Nephistim is a good, short, and accessible one, but from what I've seen from reviews and gameplay videos, story and sound direction wise; Ys Book 1 & 2 on the Turbografx/ PC Engine CD is the absolute high point of the entire series.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  20. Geneolgia

Geneolgia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Zimbabwe
    Ys Seven and Ys: The Oath in Felghana are pretty good starts, both are on PSP or PC.

WiiUBricker likes this.