Homebrew yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wish the the first build of Yuzu which capable to run commercial games can be done before the release date of Pokemon Gen 8 in the end of next year 2019. (Assume this game still follow the old pattern of releasing new Gen in the next 3 years):D

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the the first build of Yuzu which capable to run commercial games can be done before the release date of Pokemon Gen 8 in the end of next year 2019. (Assume this game still follow the old pattern of releasing new Gen in the next 3 years):D
i wish it doesnt

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Well. They are actually working to make commercial games(specifically BOTW and SMO) to work on Yuzu. But no luck actually. I assume that they will/might make it work and functional once Homebrew for Switch is out in the public(Homebrew Launcher and also exploit). I can't wait for Homebrew to come out for me dumping game data and use the models for some animation and also for a game mod. :P

Reactions: AceofZeroz

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
To the extent that it will make researching functions that existed in version 1.0.0 easier, yes

I think all the useful functions existed in 1.0.0, or at least, all functions present in 1.0.0 are useful for the development of Yuzu and, if all of them are implemented, will allow Yuzu to be very powerful :D

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question
Will it be well supported like cemu?
Will it have an update nearly every week?
Maybe. Even though Yuzu only boots Homebrew for now, I'm not sure for them and ReSwitched Team able to boot commercial games in less than a month like Cemu does.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, the Switch just came out nearly a year and we got an emulator. But Wii U came out in 2012 and Cemu's first version came out on 2015. So I'm sure that the two only devs know more about Wii U's system before going to make the emulator.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question

cemu = privet build, keep it stable.
yuzu = open source, meaning any think can go wright are wrong like citra

with yuzu no need to wait compile it when you like.

Last edited by drwhojan,

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Quick question

It will be well supported only if people support it. I don't think the development of Yuzu will be as quick as Cemu's one, but you can except major improvements in the next few months :)
For the update part, you can download the source code and compile it at any time, so you can update Yuzu several times a day ! (Even though, this is a waste of time, not all commits make noticeable improvements ^^)

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be well supported only if people support it. I don't think the development of Yuzu will be as quick as Cemu's one, but you can except major improvements in the next few months :)
For the update part, you can download the source code and compile it at any time, so you can update Yuzu several times a day ! (Even though, this is a waste of time, not all commits make noticeable improvements ^^)
Not only that, I believe that there are alot of things they need to research on the Switch especially the ReSwitched Team. They haven't finished reverse engineer the console yet. So there's gonna be slow downs.

For Cemu, Wii U was fully reverse engineered before the emulator. So I'm sure that Exzap and Petergov heavily study the Wii U's hardware for months, if not, years.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the switch uses mostly the same hardware as the nvidia shield tv so they had since 2016 to start reverse engineering the chip if some one made an nivdia sheild emulator before it would not take long to get the emulator running well. Its not wonder this emulator even exists right now if it did not use a processor an android device was also using it would not have an emulator by now.

Not only that, I believe that there are alot of things they need to research on the Switch especially the ReSwitched Team. They haven't finished reverse engineer the console yet. So there's gonna be slow downs.

For Cemu, Wii U was fully reverse engineered before the emulator. So I'm sure that Exzap and Petergov heavily study the Wii U's hardware for months, if not, years.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Unlike the wii u the switch uses a known processor thats been out for some years so its going to take less time to reverse engineer it which is why theres already an emulator for it.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch uses mostly the same hardware as the nvidia shield tv so they had since 2016 to start reverse engineering the chip if some one made an nivdia sheild emulator before it would not take long to get the emulator running well. Its not wonder this emulator even exists right now if it did not use a processor an android device was also using it would not have an emulator by now.

Unlike the wii u the switch uses a known processor thats been out for some years so its going to take less time to reverse engineer it which is why theres already an emulator for it.
The problem in this case isn't the chip, it's the OS. However, you're on the right train of thought since the OS is supposedly a more cleaned-up version of the 3DS's

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Idk if this emulators worth it its probably not possible with current cpus to run it at full speed. because it looks like you will need like 5 plus ghz to run it full speed.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
What's with people and full speed nowadays?
Can't you see that emulation takes time especially an emulator of a console that is less than a year old? Name me one emulator that runs full speed a year or two(not more than 2 years) after the console's release?

Reactions: NiagA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds