Gaming Zelda Breath of the Wild Interactive Map

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
sorry it started to the quote (did state before i reply to posts as people put)

So you are the only one that prefers to have a cluttered up map with 1000s of objectives from all missions marked together in order to confuse you?

is that not a dig because a problem was put out there?

thanks for the reply anyways i will scroll thought all the missions ive started, rather than nintendo using a bit of sense and thought.
Have you not played the game?

The only thing you need to select a mission for is to get the waypoint relevant to said mission appear on the map. Everything else IS on the map at any time: divine beasts and towers (when you find them, as in most games).

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you not played the game?

The only thing you need to select a mission for is to get the waypoint relevant to said mission appear on the map. Everything else IS on the map at any time: divine beasts and towers (when you find them, as in most games).
devine beasts are then hidden if you then find another side mission.

my point was key information such as loactions/shrines are permanent on the map, so should divine beast locations because its key to the game.

anyways, completed the game and i would not rate it 10/10, its rather tiresome running aimlessly finding shrine after shrine to gain enough hearts to take on the divine beasts and then get master sword then take on gannon.

id give the game probably 6/10 because, nothing new really on the story, its basically the same, its abit like wind waker having to travel ages across a large map to get anywhere, its weapon system is rather annoying.

now the switch will sit doing nothing until it gets something id want to buy...... nothing in the list of coming games so far.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
devine beasts are then hidden if you then find another side mission.

my point was key information such as loactions/shrines are permanent on the map, so should divine beast locations because its key to the game.

anyways, completed the game and i would not rate it 10/10, its rather tiresome running aimlessly finding shrine after shrine to gain enough hearts to take on the divine beasts and then get master sword then take on gannon.

id give the game probably 6/10 because, nothing new really on the story, its basically the same, its abit like wind waker having to travel ages across a large map to get anywhere, its weapon system is rather annoying.

now the switch will sit doing nothing until it gets something id want to buy...... nothing in the list of coming games so far.

i have no complaints with weapons breaking. It's fun and would force you to use even a tree branch against an enemy. I feel like an expert when i give the final blow with just a Bokoblin club or throw my last sword and use bombs while i wait for the master sword to be useable again.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no complaints with weapons breaking. It's fun and would force you to use even a tree branch against an enemy. I feel like an expert when i give the final blow with just a Bokoblin club or throw my last sword and use bombs while i wait for the master sword to be useable again.

Thing that really annoyed me is that the enemies weapons seem indestructible, yet yours break so easily personally i find this system spoils the game when you have a big ass sword and it breaks as if its a twig.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thing that really annoyed me is that the enemies weapons seem indestructible, yet yours break so easily personally i find this system spoils the game when you have a big ass sword and it breaks as if its a twig.

point of enemy weapons not breaking is for you to be able to loot it once you defeat them.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
point of enemy weapons not breaking is for you to be able to loot it once you defeat them.
but then that makes the system unfair, if it can attack endlessly and some enemies are already given a massive advantage over you by having massive health, also noticed the attack damage they impact cause hell of a lot of damage to you, yet when you have that weapon it merely damages them.

ideally the game would have been better if it was like the others, the weapon breaking system spoils it, it could also be improved if its map was not so big, it at many times got very boring having to run around aimlessly trying to locate shrines and it felts majority of the game was simply doing that, very repetitive and boring, its actual story was basically the same as any other zelda, defeat gannon/save princess.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they also broke when enemies used them you will have to be smarter about how to confront them to steal their weapons, you would need to think how to beat them with them not wasting their weapons, when you are in the hunt for weapons it would make you probably favor long-range attacks, use of the bow and bombs, use of environmental traps, etc. That would be also interesting, perhaps.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they also broke when enemies used them you will have to be smarter about how to confront them to steal their weapons, you would need to think how to beat them with them not wasting their weapons, when you are in the hunt for weapons it would make you probably favor long-range attacks, use of the bow and bombs, use of environmental traps, etc. That would be also interesting, perhaps.

In a sense i have used this to my advantage when needing arrows, sometimes if your far enough the enemy ai will keep firing arrows at you and missing, giving you the chance to quickly run and gather the arrow if the game leaves it behind.

But i do think when you have some enemies that have massive amounts of health and can infinitely keep attacking you and all your weapons easily break, the reward sometimes does not seem worthy because you'd think wow this guy has a good weapon if its able to take all this health off me, yet in return does far less to them.

found best weapons to use are special weapons with electric/fire/ice charge, basic weapons regardless of its life are shit.

definitely dont like the lengths you must go in order to gain the hyrule shield/master sword for them to still break is a bad idea, youd think the reward for these would make them indestructible, if your shield breaks it costs 3K to fix and rupees are already hard to come by in the game as it is.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

that would be fun and for sure i'll enjoy it even more having to strategize just to get better weapons but then people would complain even more that it is difficult to get weapons. :/

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be fun and for sure i'll enjoy it even more having to strategize just to get better weapons but then people would complain even more that it is difficult to get weapons. :/

Not really because i completed the game mostly trying to avoid unnecessary confrontation, weapons are rather easy to find from shrines or even Hyrule Castle is a gold mine for decent weapons and to be fair it is pretty much easy to get about, i got the memory and shield while only having 5 hearts..... ok the skull battle i had to use food to increase my hearts and increase my defense.

Or you could sneak into enemy camps and quickly steal their weapons/shields before they have chance to notice you and collect their weapons and then escape.

The red moon feature is a pain in the arse because it can happen at any time during a mission and you can clear a camp and theyll be re spawned again, i didnt get this issue with gannon like some people have, but again this feature sucks balls, why nintendo couldnt have implemented an auto re spawn system when you leave an area and return to it after a period of time is ??? to me, but saying that, looking at other issues with the game and the console itself leaves me baffled.

Reactions: owek1

Andieran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They can burn though. If enemies' weapons get on fire they will eventually get destroyed and will start throwing rocks at you instead. You can get super OP in this game anyways so the weapons breaking is like a way to nerf you and keep the fun going.

Last edited by Andieran,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the only thing the interactive map seems to be missing are general map locations.
You know those ones which make a legend appear at the bottom left corner with the name of the current place.

I believe those are counted towards 100% completion as well for the main map.
I am at 80% right now, just 200 more Korok Seeds to go!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the zelda dungeon map tells you exactly what to do to get them if you click the seed and some of them are really cryptic to figure out. the IGN one just says what puzzle it is but not where it is which is a problem since some are hidden behind waterfalls etc so the IGN one is SHIT.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the zelda dungeon map tells you exactly what to do to get them if you click the seed and some of them are really cryptic to figure out. the IGN one just says what puzzle it is but not where it is which is a problem since some are hidden behind waterfalls etc so the IGN one is SHIT.

what dungeons?

Thats one thing thats ruined zelda is that there are no dungeons, you spend 50 hours running aimlessly finding shrines and doing puzzles and then the actual main missions are a quick 10-30 minute divine beast puzzle then off t fight gannon (again).

if you didnt bother with the shrines and side quest crap the game is actually only ill be honest 5 hours, i did it within a week and approx an hour a day but i also did do a lot of shrines (to get the master sword - which has no reward value at all same as the hyrulian shield)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey