Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

EnozMcEnoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I just had a quick question regarding TWiLight Menu++ and the DSi Sound application compatibility. I had put a song (.m4a) onto the root of the SD card to play on the DSi Sound application a little over two months ago. I'll try to remember everything to the best I can. I booted up into the normal DSi menu and opened the sound application. After clicking on SD card in the sound application the DSi froze and it shut it off. After reinserting the SD card into my computer I found the SD card had been corrupted. The SD card is SanDisk. The version of twilight menu was v26, though I can't remember specifically which one. After reformatting the sd card and putting the song back on it without twilight menu it ran fine. I read previously on another thread that twilight menu was compatible with the sound application, so I'm not completely sure what I did wrong. Thanks for the help!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I just had a quick question regarding TWiLight Menu++ and the DSi Sound application compatibility. I had put a song (.m4a) onto the root of the SD card to play on the DSi Sound application a little over two months ago. I'll try to remember everything to the best I can. I booted up into the normal DSi menu and opened the sound application. After clicking on SD card in the sound application the DSi froze and it shut it off. After reinserting the SD card into my computer I found the SD card had been corrupted. The SD card is SanDisk. The version of twilight menu was v26, though I can't remember specifically which one. After reformatting the sd card and putting the song back on it without twilight menu it ran fine. I read previously on another thread that twilight menu was compatible with the sound application, so I'm not completely sure what I did wrong. Thanks for the help!
Sounds to me like the SD card is dying, because the DSi Sound app shouldn't be corrupting your SD card.
Follow this guide to reformat and check for errors: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

Reactions: raxadian

EnozMcEnoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I recently bought this card so that would be quite peculiar. Everything has worked great on this SD card except when I opened the SD card option on the sound application with twilight menu. Perhaps I should try again?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I recently bought this card so that would be quite peculiar. Everything has worked great on this SD card except when I opened the SD card option on the sound application with twilight menu. Perhaps I should try again?
Maybe. If the issue persists, please post a picture of the SD card you're using.

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Backup everything on it to a safe place on your PC.

Doubt if the TWLBot account has become private, that will affect the development... :sad:And would it be possible to fix TwilightBoxart?
Duda si la cuenta TWLBot se ha vuelto privada, eso afectará el desarrollo... :(
Y sería posible arreglar TwilightBoxart?

EnozMcEnoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and if it happens again, try a different SD card.
Alr so I tried it again and oddly enough it worked this time and didn't freeze up and crash. I put it in a folder of it's own rather to the root of the SD card this time which seemed to make it work. Thanks for the help Robz! Also happy late bday lol.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to the newest version of TWLMenu++, I noticed it keeps popping up the SD card warning on my SD card. I'm using the latest Luma3DS release (13.1.1) and the latest TwilightMenu++ (27.3.2) on a 256GB Silicon Power brand microSD Card, and the SD Card Warning is identifying it as "Manufacturer ID: 009F" and "OEM ID: TI". Last night I backed up all of my 3DS data to my PC and formatted the SD card using GUIFormat to 32kb cluster size, then ran h2testw and it came up completely clean. No errors whatsoever. I either need my card added to whatever internal database you use to verify SD cards for the app, or I need an option to permanently bypass this warning. I'm not sure which, as long as my experience using this isn't hindered to the point of reverting all the way back to a version that didn't have these warnings and popups at boot (26.8.0, in the worst case, AFAIK).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to the newest version of TWLMenu++, I noticed it keeps popping up the SD card warning on my SD card. I'm using the latest Luma3DS release (13.1.1) and the latest TwilightMenu++ (27.3.2) on a 256GB Silicon Power brand microSD Card, and the SD Card Warning is identifying it as "Manufacturer ID: 009F" and "OEM ID: TI". Last night I backed up all of my 3DS data to my PC and formatted the SD card using GUIFormat to 32kb cluster size, then ran h2testw and it came up completely clean. No errors whatsoever. I either need my card added to whatever internal database you use to verify SD cards for the app, or I need an option to permanently bypass this warning. I'm not sure which, as long as my experience using this isn't hindered to the point of reverting all the way back to a version that didn't have these warnings and popups at boot (26.8.0, in the worst case, AFAIK).
Next version will remove the SD card warning.

v27.3.3 New

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.3.3 (Final hotfix, hopefully)

What's new?​

• The SD card checking feature has been removed, as it is not possible to perfectly detect a bad SD card via CID.

Bug fix​

• Another attempt to fix the bug where the rotating cubes appear behind the box art in the 3DS theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow