• Views 520,293
  • Replies 3,831
  • Likes 6

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
My original Wii is modded, but for some reason can't play GameCube games anymore natively. Is there a fix to this? I would put the disc into the gamecbue and it will register as one, but it won't actually play it.

If this problem can be fixed, I was also wondering if it could be brought back to stock state similar to a 3DS, but the issue is, it has been homebrewed for a long time, and the attempts for it to be removed have been done, but not 100%.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
My original Wii is modded, but for some reason can't play GameCube games anymore natively. Is there a fix to this? I would put the disc into the gamecbue and it will register as one, but it won't actually play it.

If this problem can be fixed, I was also wondering if it could be brought back to stock state similar to a 3DS, but the issue is, it has been homebrewed for a long time, and the attempts for it to be removed have been done, but not 100%.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States

1716989198371.png

But I don't have the homebrew channel.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Everything is old and needs to be updated. I THINK I should be done with everything, although I hate how confusing they made everything when it originally used to be:

DNS Hacking method
NAND backup
and you're good to go. But now all of this confusing shit happened and all I just want is to fix my Gamecube discs!

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
View attachment 440671

So after re-modding my Wii through one of the most weirdest ways of doing it (I never had to use ModMii to mod my PC when the DNS method alone was better), I have all of these WAD files that I am tempted to remove. can I remove them?

I also want to know what Nintendont supports in terms of iso files for gamecube games.

MysticStarlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also want to know what Nintendont supports in terms of iso files for gamecube games.
Nintendont supports .iso, .ciso, .gcm and extracted format (folders), as well as Triforce Arcade games.

If you don't like ModMii, you could've used the Manual Setup section in the guide. This is the DNS exploit (click).

I can't see the attachment, it says I don't have permission so I can't see the WADs that you want to delete.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Nintendont supports .iso, .ciso, .gcm and extracted format (folders), as well as Triforce Arcade games.

If you don't like ModMii, you could've used the Manual Setup section in the guide. This is the DNS exploit (click).

I can't see the attachment, it says I don't have permission so I can't see the WADs that you want to delete.

I gotten the ISO to work, just had to move the file to somewhere else. as for the WADs, this speared whe I was using the ModMii setup
1717461222197.png

Reactions: MysticStarlight

MysticStarlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha! Wonderful! I don't think I have installed them, but I don't know what the heck all of these are for.
cIOS 248, CIOS 249, cIOS250 and cIOS251 (the first 4 files in the screenshot) are for USB loaders. They allow you to play Wii games from a USB drive

IOS11, IOS20, IOS30, IOS40, IOS50, IOS60 and IOS70 are all IOSes used by System Menus older than 4.3. These gives you extra brick protection in case you install an older System Menu (which you shouldn't do anyways). It's always good to install ModMii's System Menu IOSes. The rest are the latest version of every IOS that the Wii uses to run software (games, channels, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    i didnt feel very well in school cuz there was too much noise for me to handle
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also im gonna redownload touhou 8 bc the other day i accidentaly deleted it (and also try to beat it with other characters and harder difficulties)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Sensory overloads suck.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I totally get that.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro ultra tip: eat a bunch of Skittles or imitation gold flakes before leaving a duece in the shower for girlfriend, makes it flashy and classy.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol that guy is funny! Following.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back. i had to help my mom with some documents
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i tried to "neutralize" the noise by hmmmm'ing but people told me to shut up
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i was covering my ears
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do not resuscitate form? Jk nvm
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Humming will never cover the sound of a fart
    +3
    Although if you can harmonize the humming and your own fart.... It could be a new form of music
    +2
    Maybe throw in some mumble rap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You gotta practise, and know the tone of your farts, then you can master the skill, young grassfarter
    +3
    A new J Lo song is born
    +1
    Sure it's shit but the live concert, you can practically smell her enthusiasm
    I bet people would actually pay to see her farting into a microphone
    At the end of the concert she rips the foam rubber part of the microphone off and throws it into the crowd a lucky fan snatches it starts sniffing it vigorously!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    insert yawn here
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Sells it on eBay.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, now that's sum shit!
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, now that's sum shit! +1