A problem with playing a DS game on 3DS

Morutomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So I installed "Nine hours Nine People Nine doors" DS Rom via nds bootstrap. Everything was normal at first but in 2-5 minutes sound gets in a laggy loop and game stops working. The lower screen gets black and the upper screen freezes forever. Controls don't work either. After that I can't even return to the home page without rebooting the console. I've been looking for a solution for a long time now but have found nothing.

Thanks for help in advance <3

Last edited by Morutomo,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed "Nine hours Nine People Nine doors" DS Rom via nds bootstrap. Everything was normal at first but in 2-5 minutes sound gets in a laggy loop and game stops working. The lower screen gets black and the upper screen freezes forever. Controls don't work either. After that I can't even return to the home page without rebooting the console. I've been looking for a solution for a long time now but have found nothing.

Thanks for help in advance QUOTE]

Seems like a incompatible with ndsbootstrap so the only other solution is a ds flashcart[

Morutomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Seems like a incompatible with ndsbootstrap so the only other solution is a ds flashcart[
Also there's a note which I do not understand at all. I says "Stutters in NTR clock speed. Disabling SWI Halt Hook fixes it, but why not just set it to TWL clock speed anyway?" Maybe the solution is here?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this game plays fine in Twilightmenu. Change the clock speed for the game to 133mhz and see what happens.
Btw, are you using a forwarder like YANBF or TWilightmenu to launch the game?

Reactions: Eveldee

Morutomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I can confirm this game plays fine in Twilightmenu. Change the clock speed for the game to 133mhz and see what happens.
Btw, are you using a forwarder like YANBF or TWilightmenu to launch the game?
I use Twilightmenu
I tried changing rn it but it didn't seem to help at all. Can it possibly be a hardware issue. This problem doesn't accure with other 3DS games (I didn't try installing other DS games tho)

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. Disabling SWI Halt Hook fixes it, but why not just set it to TWL clock speed anyway?"
^^Have you tried doing this? Just press" y" on the game when in Twilightmenu to change it.
I tried changing rn it but it didn't seem to help at all.
Have you changed it or not?
Can it possibly be a hardware issue.
Not necessarily, try playing other games just for testing to see if the system's DS mode is working correctly..
I would suggest updating TWilightmenu to the latest version, just do so with Universal-Updater.
Also, try changing the rom you're using, it could be corrupted. Redownload or re-dump it and try again.

Reactions: Garcimak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1