Advice on installing Hwfly into HAC-CPU-21 Switch

schme16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I picked up a Hwfly v4.2 clone, and while waiting for it to arrive I started to watch as many tutorials as possible on the process, they all seemed pretty straight forwards, and I'm already not too bad at soldering, but when it arrived and I took my switch appart, it seems the capacitors (?) for SP1 and SP2 aren't sideways, they're all straight up and down (see attached image).
Every mod chip I can find, and every tutorial I can find they always seem to be sideways...

I'm happy and able to just solder some magnet wire to the caps and then to the modchip flex pcb, but would definitely love some guidance one what would go where.

Switch: HAC-001
Board: HAC-CPU-21

Thanks in advance for any help folks can give!

Attachments

• 20221026_131503.jpg
    20221026_131503.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 97

nakaru87

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
It's not the same as SX Lite, it is a cheaper clone. You cannot flash the chip, and it uses inferior bitstream and FPGA. Though you dont have many options, as finding a genuine SX Lite for sale would be a chore.

schme16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the same as SX Lite, it is a cheaper clone. You cannot flash the chip, and it uses inferior bitstream and FPGA. Though you dont have many options, as finding a genuine SX Lite for sale would be a chore.
It seems flashable (comes with the usb adapter and a list of the steps to do so), but no doubt you're probably correct that it's an inferior product overall.

You need to use the CPU cable labeled V1

For example:

Ahhhhh, the one I bought said it was suitable for all models, but you appear to be correct that the specific SP1/SP2 flex I need is the V1.
Hopefully I can just get the SP1/SP2 flex on its own and not have to buy it all together again, haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1