Hardware GBA AGS-101 no sound when charging?!

magic_maik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello y'all,

recently, I had an accident where my GBA SP AGS 101 has been soaked in shampoo (don't ask...)
Anyways, after cleaning everything on the inside and outside, the L-Button was not working after that and the R-Button was working, but was "sticky". This seemed to be the only problem.
I replaced the L and R Buttons with AliExpress ones, works fine, except now I have no sound when charging.

I plug the charger in and turn the GBA on - No sound. I remove the charger (while it's still turned on) - Sound comes back immediatly.
I turn the GBA on without a charger - Sound is there. I plug the charger into the GBA - Sound disappears immediatly.

I find this very weird, and I don't think it has anything to do with the L/R-Buttons, but I guess I'd mention it just in case.

Also, the only mod on the GBA is this "Fake AGS-101" screen
together with the needed voltage ramp up board (however it's called?) from I believe Retromodding...

I know that the charging port is capable of delivering sound, because there are aux adapters... Sadly, I do not have one to test it. From looking at it, the charging port seems fine.

Anyone knows which pins I could check?

Cheers!

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1228d990-66cd-473e-b171-1b62706ba0ac-png.278266

There's a significant chance one or more of the pins in ext-2 got damaged somehow, though you'll likely have to check all of them. Consider cleaning the entire port and surrounding area with copious amounts of highly concentrated Isopropyl Alcohol. There is a small chance the problem is some dried / semi dried shampoo residue that you can just wash out and away with IPA, and afterwards the detection will work properly again.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
1228d990-66cd-473e-b171-1b62706ba0ac-png.278266

There's a significant chance one or more of the pins in ext-2 got damaged somehow, though you'll likely have to check all of them. Consider cleaning the entire port and surrounding area with copious amounts of highly concentrated Isopropyl Alcohol. There is a small chance the problem is some dried / semi dried shampoo residue that you can just wash out and away with IPA, and afterwards the detection will work properly again.
Thank you for this, I'll add this to my Test Cartridge in the pinout diagrams.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto