Hacking All Previous Vitamin Dumps Are ... Bad ... Will Eventually Corrupt Save ?!

Clare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very well. I shall admit defeat. We're very much off topic anyways. I am wrong and you are right. Let's leave it at that then :)

Ah but before I do that entirely I do just want to point out that Windows measures a gigabyte as 1024 and seeing as windows holds approximately 88 percent of the current market share of home computer OS use I'm not technically wrong as far as that is concerned. Also the closest you can get to 1000 in exponential binary is 1024 just saying...

Moving on

This is the most pathetic thing I've seen all day. Operating systems report storage capacities differently, yes, but in any context where one wants to be exact (say, in a pedantic, condescending forum post), the established conventions are that SI prefixes denote exactly the value you'd expect, and there are special binary prefixes that were created to prevent exactly this level of confusion.

And you got caught declaring them exactly the opposite of what they are. Stop trying to save face by appealing to Microsoft.

Moving on

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the most pathetic thing I've seen all day. Operating systems report storage capacities differently, yes, but in any context where one wants to be exact (say, in a pedantic, condescending forum post), the established conventions are that SI prefixes denote exactly the value you'd expect, and there are special binary prefixes that were created to prevent exactly this level of confusion.

And you got caught declaring them exactly the opposite of what they are. Stop trying to save face by appealing to Microsoft.

Moving on

Moving on

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it may be a henkaku thing rather than vitamin
for people having any save data issue test it with various retail games

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/772751493204156416

theflow posted on twitter asking about it and some people have mentioned it happens with retail aswell
read on a few other places recently and its pointing more towards henkaku than vitamin
but more people testing is needed and i think its important to do so

although personally has not happened to me like mentioned in my earlier post
regardless of anything make sure to backup your saves on pc if possibile

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Of course the guy is retarded.

Corruption of save files over time? Are you mental?

Do you really believe that the dumps are 99.999% perfect? That you can play the entire game and save and load for weeks now but it just so happens that there's this tiny piece that causes save file corruption in the course of months of playing the game?

I would say 'don't be stupid', but it's already too late. All of you who took this nonsense seriously are beyond saving.
Hey, it *could* happen. I know full well Battlefield 4 corrupted my save 3 or 4 times over a few months and then I said screw it. I haven't played it ever since.
It was a legit PS3 disc tho.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be a henkaku thing rather than vitamin
for people having any save data issue test it with various retail games

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/772751493204156416

theflow posted on twitter asking about it and some people have mentioned it happens with retail aswell
read on a few other places recently and its pointing more towards henkaku than vitamin
but more people testing is needed and i think its important to do so

although personally has not happened to me like mentioned in my earlier post
regardless of anything make sure to backup your saves on pc if possibile
We're looking into this and there hasn't been a single person who could tell us "I've never used vitamin and I played this game that I've played before and I lost my save." Apparently one case posted on reddit was for a game known to be buggy and the same save corruption happens on the PS4. If anyone who's never used vitamin knows of a game whose save disappeared, please let us know.

Also just my personal theory, but it's unlikely to be HENkaku's problem because HENkaku is very simple and makes only a handful of patches < 100 bytes total. Meanwhile, Vitamin is a very complex piece of hardware that is thousands of lines and takes advantage of dozens of undocumented features and restricted APIs. In my opinion, it is much more likely that Vitamin is the culprit.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
We'll you'll have that in any scene. I was misguided by the whole thing too until I actually did some reading up. It's true that some games don't run yet or crash at certain points, but there is no way that vitamin supports just 5 syscalls. Also Yifan and Flow are investigating the corrupted saves issue so it may end up being a recent HENkaku issue according to them on twitter.

Either way all we can do is try to guide people the right direction.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
We'll you'll have that in any scene. I was misguided by the whole thing too until I actually did some reading up. It's true that some games don't run yet or crash at certain points, but there is no way that vitamin supports just 5 syscalls. Also Yifan and Flow are investigating the corrupted saves issue so it may end up being a recent HENkaku issue according to them on twitter.

Either way all we can do is try to guide people the right direction.

Henkaku v5 is out, fixes the saves issue

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/773205811023650816

• Changed how PSN spoofing is done. This should fix problems a minority of users experience regarding game saves.
  • Removed update blocking features as a side effect of above.
  • Update to VitaShell 0.91. This is the last VitaShell update bundled into HENkaku. Please use VitaShell’s built in network update feature to update VitaShell as a standalone component.

Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: SonsofOcelot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk