Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I downloaded AM2R for android, and it roons smooth and nice, but only problem i have is this big non transparent onscreen ceontrolls that take to much space and are terrible. is there any way i can remove those and play with my BT controller?
Or is there any other way i can make apk for my android my self or idk..?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't know what AM2R is, but if it doesn't support blutooth/usb controllers by default then I guess it also doesn't allow you to remove the controls.

You can map an external controller to mimic touch-screen events by using something like Tincore Keymapper.

Removing the onscreen controls is more tricky and depends on how they've been coded. If they've been coded using graphical resources, then you could try using Apk Tool to decompile and recompile the binary, replacing the appropriate resources with blank transparent image files as you go. If they draw the controls by code, then there's nothing you can do, unfortunately, other than ask for a refund and post negative feedback for the devs being lazy shits and not taking the time to implement support for external controllers.

Last edited by Pleng,
Reactions: Metoroid0

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I don't know what AM2R is, but if it doesn't support blutooth/usb controllers by default then I guess it also doesn't allow you to remove the controls.

You can map an external controller to mimic touch-screen events by using something like .

Removing the onscreen controls is more tricky and depends on how they've been coded. If they've been coded using graphical resources, then you could try using
Apk Tool to decompile and recompile the binary, replacing the appropriate resources with blank transparent image files as you go. If they draw the controls by code, then there's nothing you can do, unfortunately, other than ask for a refund and post negative feedback for the devs being lazy shits and not taking the time to implement support for external controllers.
AM2R is the fan made remake of Metroid 2. Officially it has not been released on Android, op is likely playing on a fan made port that does not support BT controllers yet.
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
In which case the source may be available? Which could make things easier...
O, how so? it really like to play game on portable device with dissapearing keys that are not so big, when i connect bt controller... and tinycore mapping is complicated and i have no rood acess on tablet...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You don't need root for Tincore.

If the sources are available you could replace the assets with blank images without having to decompile first

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
wintendo did a takedown notice incase u missed it
I know that but i dont see that as a obsticle... The original author cant do nothing about it but not others...i mean there are resources and all and i think i saw someone on redit they got all game maker files ready...i mean its like no ine cares. Nintendo took it down and thats it.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yeah that's the thing. the people who've continued on AM2R have stopped working on it now so don't expect any changes unless you make them yourself.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah that's the thing. the people who've continued on AM2R have stopped working on it now so don't expect any changes unless you make them yourself.
Is that a proverb or you really mean that?
I would like to but idk how...i mean if no one is willing to help or dont care....its juat not possible, i dont see that no one wants to do nothing to port this thing on lets say...android, wii, wiiu, vita idk...i mean its a fan game...oficial games are being hacked but not this one?? It juat does not compute xD
Its made in game maker just to remind

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I don't know what you mean by that. However, I'll explain how I know this:
If you read the change log on you'll see that the people (not the original author) who've continued on AM2R have no intention to make anything more.

The game is playable on PC I'm happy enough with that. If someone ports it to android that's great and I'd probably atleast try it out.
On a completely different note. Did you see SR388 by von richter? I used to be sooo excited for it, much more than AM2R, too bad author gave up and didn't release anything to the public in any form:

Last edited by Elrinth,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know what you mean by that. However, I'll explain how I know this:
If you read the change log on you'll see that the people (not the original author) who've continued on AM2R have no intention to make anything more.

The game is playable on PC I'm happy enough with that. If someone ports it to android that's great and I'd probably atleast try it out.
On a completely different note. Did you see SR388 by von richter? I used to be sooo excited for it, much more than AM2R, too bad author gave up and didn't release anything to the public in any form:

Yeah, me to, but it would be great to have ot on portable platforms. well i want to try it out, but dont know where to start xD

Wow that does look cool! I didnt know about it. it looks like a new game completly, not a remake...
https://www.reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/5gangf/reconstructed_source_code_for_am2r_is_now/

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1