Any Region Changer ModMii Edition v1.0.6 Released!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Any Region Changer: ModMii Edition v1.0.6
Released 15 May 2022​

168495918-67389d97-3ec8-4cdc-9173-7cfc95448042.png

ARCME Release v1.0.6​

Thank you for your continued support of ModMii! This is the 1.0.6 release of Any Region Changer: ModMii Edition (or ARCME for short).

Usage​

To use ARCME, copy the apps folder from ARCME.zip file to the root of your homebrew storage device (commonly your SD Card). Once you have done this and reinserted the device into your console ARCME should appear in the Homebrew Channel or anywhere else you load your homebrew.

Changelog​

• Added/Fixed Support for Korean Wii's
  • The current SysMenu Region and Version are now displayed
  • Updated default selection on boot to the "Fix" option
  • Removed the "Reboot to System Menu" option
    • This was an intentional decision to ensure users always return to the HBC to have yet another opportunity to install priiloader or fix region settings in case precautions have not already been taken prior to loading a potentially broken system menu.
    • It is still entirely possible to exit ARCME by using the "Exit to the Homebrew Channel" option.
  • New icon! View it here.
  • Source code has been updated to compile easily and without errors or warnings
https://github.com/modmii/Any-Region-Changer-ModMii-Edition/releases

Credits to @TheShadowEevee for v1.0.6 and @scooby74029 for v1.0.5. I (XFlak) just provided ideas and requested features\changes and tested them.

Edit:
ModMii 6.6.3 is using this new version effective immediately, that's all you need to know, continue reading for details:

Long version: During update checks, ModMii 6.6.3 and older will check for temp\ARCME.zip and if it's confirmed to be v1.0.5 it will rename it, forcing ModMii to redownload it the next time it's queued. When v6.6.3 and older redownloads v1.0.5, the download has been modified so that it includes a new meta and boot.elf for 1.0.6 (but boot.dol will still be v1.0.5 so as to trick 6.6.3 into thinking it successfully downloaded v1.0.5); essentially meaning all modmii users will now start using ARCME v1.0.6 effective immediately without requiring a ModMii update. The next modmii update will grab the official arcme.zip with everything updated (new icon and dol in addition to meta and elf). I intentionally didn't change the icon in this hybrid, so users watching old\current arcme videos will see the same icon as in the video

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
As a reminder, here are the changes from ARCME v1.0.5 (from the ModMii 6.6.0 changelog)
  • Updated Any Region Changer (ARC) to ARC ModMii Edition (ARCME) by scooby74029; if ARCME detects a region mismatch, you only have to select the "Auto Fix Settings" to correct it. Older versions of ARC required you to set a Region, save, then change the video mode back to it's previous setting, and save again. ARCME's "Auto Fix Settings" takes care of all that (i.e. it does not change the video mode but changes everything else to align with the installed System Menu region). It's a minor improvement over the original but don't forget it also supports Motion+ remotes so ARCME FTW!

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jackdolphin1947

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm so i read the warning, look like it not worth to region change from JPN to US
because most of time my wii auto boot to USB loader GX with fixed english global setting

mythikdawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to kinda thread necro, but...

Having a problem region changing my Wii (thanks, JP TTYD...) - I previously used ARC and it worked fine, but now when I try to load ARC or ARCME, the program becomes completely unresponsive and I cannot clear the brick info screen.

I've tried using the region change feature within WiiModLite, and with that one, I can change all the settings just fine (though, when setting to the Japan preset, it says there's a mismatch...), but that doesn't seem to allow me to boot JP TTYD without crashing before file select.

What could be causing ARC/ARCME to be unresponsive upon loading? I've tried loading it in both the default IOS as well as cIOS 236 to no avail.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Make sure the wii is properly softmodded using modmii's main wizard or syscheck updater wizards, then after use its region change wizard. If after all that u are still having the same issue let us know, actually let us know either way, thx.

To run modmii's syscheck update wizard, drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Reactions: KokiKitsune

KokiKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using the region change feature within WiiModLite, and with that one, I can change all the settings just fine (though, when setting to the Japan preset, it says there's a mismatch...), but that doesn't seem to allow me to boot JP TTYD without crashing before file select.
Don't try to region change using Wii Mod Lite, that feature is kinda broken anyway. The only thing I would use wiimodlite for is for installing wads and that's it.

Before you ask, yes I know wiimodlite is currently controversial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright