Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to increase the height Banjo jumps in the game. The code is

Jump Height Modifier (Normal Jumps - Default 44318000)​

81364CD0 ????
81364CD2 ????
So how do I figure out how double the height of Banjo's normal jumps. And turn that into a code to use in game? I am not very proficient in cheat engine and cheat codes.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The default is noted as being 8 digits long and you have two codes of 4 ???? sections which is likely a way around a limitation of the cheat engine dealing with large numbers.

https://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_n64.html has some more on codes.

You would then replace the ???? numbers with others. Not sure what the baseline type is -- 8 digits/4 bytes/32 bits is a huge number but having seen Mario 64's workings for challenge runs it is within the realm of possibility. Not sure what way around to read that either as 8 at the start might be a signed value (has a negative option, unlike unsigned which can do larger numbers but no negatives for the same number of bits) or could even be a floating point number (the way most vaguely modern computers handle fractional values). Either way can try different things and standing next to a wall see the end results and go one way or the other depending upon the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol