Battery died, put new one -> Draining too much and stays alive at 1% for hours

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I got a problem. Like said in the title my original battery died completely and I searched months for a new one (if this problem can't be fixed please suggest some battery's thank you) and the new one seemed first to be the right one, but after it stayed in stand by mode over night, like 12 hours, the power drained from 50% to 33% I don't think that's good right? Afterwards I played for 3 hours and the battery stayed on 1% for that time till I restart the switch and Hekate and the CFW/Emummc said the battery is empty. Now it's charging and online Nintendo says that the battery needs at least three hours to charge so I'll wait now.
Does the CFW overclock the battery or the system so the console drains so much power or is it the hardware?

Thank you for help in advance

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it stayed at 1% for 3 hours while playing, it seems to be de-synced. I would drain it completely while playing, until the Switch shuts off, then I would boot Hekate and let it sit until the screens shuts off again. Turn the Switch off by holding power for 30s. Turn it on, and if you only see a red battery icon on the corner, then the screen shutting off, it's ready to charge, plugged directly in the power brick, not the dock. Anyway, the main idea is to drain the battery as much as you can before recharging, and the battery percentage should fix itself.

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got any modchip?
No, no modchip
Post automatically merged:

If it stayed at 1% for 3 hours while playing, it seems to be de-synced. I would drain it completely while playing, until the Switch shuts off, then I would boot Hekate and let it sit until the screens shuts off again. Turn the Switch off by holding power for 30s. Turn it on, and if you only see a red battery icon on the corner, then the screen shutting off, it's ready to charge, plugged directly in the power brick, not the dock. Anyway, the main idea is to drain the battery as much as you can before recharging, and the battery percentage should fix itself.
Alright I'll try that thank you all

And if the power drains that fast in ofw what should I do then?

No, no modchip

Alright I'll try that thank you all

And if the power drains that fast in ofw what should I do then?
Like shouldn't it sync by its own?

Last edited by Mimikyu,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello guys, I got a problem. Like said in the title my original battery died completely and I searched months for a new one (if this problem can't be fixed please suggest some battery's thank you) and the new one seemed first to be the right one, but after it stayed in stand by mode over night, like 12 hours, the power drained from 50% to 33% I don't think that's good right? Afterwards I played for 3 hours and the battery stayed on 1% for that time till I restart the switch and Hekate and the CFW/Emummc said the battery is empty. Now it's charging and online Nintendo says that the battery needs at least three hours to charge so I'll wait now.
Does the CFW overclock the battery or the system so the console drains so much power or is it the hardware?

Thank you for help in advance
Try the official instructions: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27111
It's a fairly common issue.

Reactions: Mimikyu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try the desync but I don't think that would solve your problem if you got a new battery, but do what dust2dust said, fully charge it and let it sit plug in for two hours after fully charged then drain the battery, to like 5% then recharge it.

Hekate had recalibrate built into newer build so desync probably won't do much. I think it is more of the fuel guage problem the chip is on the back side of the power connector area.

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try the desync but I don't think that would solve your problem if you got a new battery, but do what dust2dust said, fully charge it and let it sit plug in for two hours after fully charged then drain the battery, to like 5% then recharge it.

Hekate had recalibrate built into newer build so desync probably won't do much. I think it is more of the fuel guage problem the chip is on the back side of the power connector area.
So you mean the chip isn't working correctly cause the chip gets too hot and dies?
So if nothing works, it could be a hardware problem right?
That would be bad cause I don't have someone to solder that tiny thingy... Anyways I try the first thing like you and dust2dust told me, thanks ^⁠_⁠^

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you mean the chip isn't working correctly cause the chip gets too hot and dies?
So if nothing works, it could be a hardware problem right?
That would be bad cause I don't have someone to solder that tiny thingy... Anyways I try the first thing like you and dust2dust told me, thanks ^⁠_⁠^

Since you try a new battery and it still won't work properly, it might be the fuel guage chip as that report battery info.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
After you replace any battery, you need to calibrate it, that apply for any device.

let the battery charge until 100% and let charge for 1 or 2 hours more. then let the device turn off after a full discharge and charge again, repeat the process 2 or 3 times. then the battery will be calibrated. the payload for battery desync is for repair a damage created by old (very old) linux versions on console.

But may be your console have a hardware shortcut. please recalibrate your battery and if after that still not working well let us to know.

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recharged it after it died completely like playing as long as the system says no battery and Hekate turning off the console... I was waiting and charged the console for 4-5 hours and it was only charged like 62% after three hours, in my opinion that's very bad, isn't it?
Is it save to sync the battery with the desync fix tool? Would I need to do that also when I put in another battery if I find one that's good or idk... I'm kinda at the end of my nerves cause everything worked and now I'm fighting with this things... What Battery's do you all have?

Edit: Also the battery seems to charge very slow I needs 10 min for one %...

Last edited by Mimikyu,

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways a few days passed and the battery is still the same, but it least for longer now so I guess kinda a problem solved. Thanks to everyone helping me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto