Hardware Best Cluster Size for Fat32 64GB SD card?

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello,
I want to use FAT32 on my SD Card.
Since I've faced many corruption issues using ExFat.
I want to know what's the best and optimal cluster size for my 64GB sd card?

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
There's always a specific reason to why.
Since I couldn't know why exactly the reason and google didn't help me either.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Checkpoint and Edizon have been crashing since I reformatted to fat32. I used allocation unit size 4096 bytes on my 256gb microsd. Do I need to reformat again to 32kb?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Checkpoint and Edizon have been crashing since I reformatted to fat32. I used allocation unit size 4096 bytes on my 256gb microsd. Do I need to reformat again to 32kb?
Worth a shot.
Undefined behaviour is a bitch
2fadfi.png

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't remember where, but I read that you should just use the default value that the card wants when formatting. Also, use the official sd formatter program from SD Association. I personally have not had any issues doing this, but if someone else could explain why this isn't good advice, I'd love an explanation and a source.

Last edited by IncredulousP,
D

Deleted User

Don't remember where, but I read that you should just use the default value that the card wants when formatting. Also, use the official sd formatter program from SD Association. I personally have not had any issues doing this, but if someone else could explain why this isn't good advice, I'd love an explanation and a source.

You can't use the SD Formatter because it won't allow you to change the file system to FAT32 on larger cards.

chyron8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the official sd formatter program from SD Association. I personally have not had any issues doing this, but if someone else could explain why this isn't good advice, I'd love an explanation and a source.

I can not confirm, but I read on a GameFAQs thread the claim that 1) Nintendo's exFAT driver is shoddy and has the potential for corrupting data; 2) the Switch doesn't create individual files larger than 4GB anyway; and 3) (as has been said) the SD Card Formatter from sdcard.org doesn't opt to use FAT32 on larger cards.

You can format larger cards to FAT32, but you just need formatting software that will let you do so. "fat32format" or its GUI counterpart "guiformat" (just google it) will do this, and it lets you even use even enormous SD cards and HDDs on a Wii, so it should also work on a Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...