Feedback Can't use Tor proxy with the site?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Surprise it took you the third notices to get a vpn, then again it is funny you get a notice just from watching.
Well both letters came to my mailbox the same day, so that's why.
Post automatically merged:

Ill only torrent from the internet archive, usually i just grab roms from my prefered sites. (You may just want to delete the torrent after you download it for safey reasons)

However i do torrent some Anime because fuck crunchyroll. Ill rather pay a subscription to winrar than a site that blocks you from rewinding back to 0 secs
I use Nyaa for anime torrents, because the fansub groups there do a fantastic job. (And I like having offline access to the .mkv files to convert/watch them on any of my devices)

Reactions: SylverReZ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well both letters came to my mailbox the same day, so that's why.

I use Nyaa for anime torrents, because the fansub groups there do a fantastic job. (And I like having offline access to the .mkv files to convert/watch them on any of my devices)
I somewhat hate my isp, because not only do you get dmca letters, but I think they me be overcharging for internet with a data cap. unlimited internet I think is $50 more than their basic model.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I somewhat hate my isp, because not only do you get dmca letters, but I think they me be overcharging for internet with a data cap. unlimited internet I think is $50 more than their basic model.
I pay $11 more per month to have no data cap, because I'm renting their modem. It's worth it to me, since I host and seed MediCat USB as a torrent from my Pi 4.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
For me I never like to rent equipment, I buy my own modem.
I use my own router, and put their modem/router combo unit into "Bridge Mode" (a.k.a. dummy mode) so it just acts like a dumb, dedicated modem. Their modem sucks at routing, and slowly over time needs more and more reboots until it's a twice-daily thing. I'll always prefer dedicated devices over all-in-one stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my own router, and put their modem/router combo unit into "Bridge Mode" (a.k.a. dummy mode) so it just acts like a dumb, dedicated modem. Their modem sucks at routing, and slowly over time needs more and more reboots until it's a twice-daily thing. I'll always prefer dedicated devices over all-in-one stuff.
I daisy chained my router to the modem/router combo as well, so I wouldn't have to change the ssid for a ton of devices. the ip for each thing changed slightly, but almost every device I have, except for the ps4, allowed me to change the ip without having to reinput the security password.

Reactions: SylverReZ and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I daisy chained my router to the modem/router combo as well, so I wouldn't have to change the ssid for a ton of devices. the ip for each thing changed slightly, but almost every device I have, except for the ps4, allowed me to change the ip without having to reinput the security password.
Yeah, I have static local IPs for a few of my devices, namely my phone, PC, Raspberry Pi 4 server, bartop arcade, and my 3D Printer. Because I like having shortcuts to access them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have static local IPs for a few of my devices, namely my phone, PC, Raspberry Pi 4 server, bartop arcade, and my 3D Printer. Because I like having shortcuts to access them.
I put a static on everything including the ps5, but mine isn't hacked. something was causing an issue with the series x as they were using the same ip, which is one of the main reasons I do static ips. the same thing happened with the ps5 where my 3ds had the same ip, since one was static, and the other wasn't.

btw, I think my series x updated, because now it defaults to shutdown when you select turn off, so I changed it to standby or whatever it's called. the menu does look different, and it even has the amount of wattage, which is 10-15 watts for standby and like 1 for turning it off. the connection seems fine as I had it test out of paranoia today in fact. no issues, but I do use the same static ip for both retail and dev mode for ease of use.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never had my consoles get IP problems, only my raspberry Pis, likely because they like to have the same network names by default. So my static devices get priority, and my game consoles get whatever is left because they're a much lower priority to me.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my own router, and put their modem/router combo unit into "Bridge Mode" (a.k.a. dummy mode) so it just acts like a dumb, dedicated modem.

I used to do that, until I had some issues and they wound up sending me a "new" combo unit. Since then I've just been using that for my router (with much better results) and use my older router for a 2nd private network that doesn't even connect to the outside world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something