'Destiny 2' Showcase announced for next month

destiny 2.JPG

Bungie has announced a new Destiny 2 Showcase will be hosted next month which will provide details about Destiny 2’s next expansion. A new teaser trailer titled "No Escape" was aired for the announcement:

The next Destiny 2 Showcase will take place on August 23, and will air on the the Bungie Twitch channel.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Mama Looigi

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I literally bought the game at launch. Just because I think your opinion is melodramatic doesn't mean I don't have a cash investment in it. I'd like my money back, sure, but the content fucking sucked and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
A legitimate complaint over the removal of paid downloadable content (ie, paying for something that's inaccessible) and general bad monetization practices is not melodramatic, it's fair criticism. The experience was enough for me to drop the game and move on... This is the first time I've ever felt the need to revisit my experiences, and only as a response to an ignorant comment from someone that seemingly doesn't understand why so many people have an issue with how this game has been handled.
As for "the content fucking sucked and you're delusional if you think otherwise"... like I said, how would I know?? It was gone before I could even play it... but you seem to be missing most of what's being said here and are just coming across with the attitude of "didn't affect me so idgaf about anyone else"
Even delisted games/dlc allow you to still play them if you bought them. Destiny 2 isn't delisted, and last I checked it was still possible to purchase the dlc that has essentially been removed.
For someone who doesn't play it you sure are still mad about it.
I'm not mad. I was pissed off at the time (which was at least a couple of years ago at this point)... for no more than a few minutes, and I'm certainly not dumb enough to ever give them anymore of my money... seems like you are.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got no issue with individual opinion or taste. I gaurantee that I like a lot of stuff that many people detest, and I'm certainly never likely to bitch and moan about something just because I'm not it's target demographic or it's not to my taste.
I also haven't got an issue with the game "Destiny 2"... not sure why you're presuming that's the case. I already stated I loved the og Destiny, and D2 is essentially more of the same (albeit a lesser experience overall). My issue, and that of most of the people that "seethe" (as you put it), is with the borderline fraudulent practices the games publishers have pulled on it's user base.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got no issue with individual opinion or taste. I gaurantee that I like a lot of stuff that many people detest, and I'm certainly never likely to bitch and moan about something just because I'm not it's target demographic or it's not to my taste.
I also haven't got an issue with the game "Destiny 2"... not sure why you're presuming that's the case. I already stated I loved the og Destiny, and D2 is essentially more of the same (albeit a lesser experience overall). My issue, and that of most of the people that "seethe" (as you put it), is with the borderline fraudulent practices the games publishers have pulled on it's user base.
All online games are equally guilty of the same things you're whining about. It's as inevitable as literal death that services end for games. I don't care, I enjoy the time I have with them. Pick up a football or something if it upsets you so much.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All online games are equally guilty of the same things you're whining about.
I'm now pretty sure you're just trolling at this point...
Name any other game that's guilty of what I'm "whining" about? And we're not talking about server closures, or removal of online functionality when a title reaches it's end of life, that kind of thing is expected... we're talking about taking money for downloadable content then removing the content that was purchased (and not for EoL reasons or server closures).
FFS, I can boot up the og Destiny on my 360 and still play all the content I paid for.
Regardless of your opinon about this issue, it dramatically reduced the games user base because enough people realised that if they're going to remove paid for content then why risk paying for more, and just left the game... why do you think they resorted to making it f2p?*

*caveat; you still need to purchase the dlc if you want any progression beyond the base single player campaign.

You may feel like you're defending a game you personally enjoy - and I have no issue with that - but that isn't what you're doing... you're acting like the problem the vast majority of ex-Destiny 2 players have with the game is fictional or exagerated, and coming across like a dick that is defending really predatory business practices.

Continue trolling if you wish, but I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: IluaLinerin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk