Hacking Did i remove multiman and webman-mod correctly ?

l3gi0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I had older versions of MM and wMM(1.47.27) and I wanted to delete them both and then re-install the latest wMM...so here is what I did:

(1) webMAN Games > webMAN Setup > uninstall webman-mod
(2) pressed triangle on XMB>Game>webman-mod and removed it
(3) pressed triangle on XMB>Game>multiman and removed it
(4) installed webMAN_MOD_1.47.32_Installer.pkg

Did I do it correctly ?

Also, I updated my 1.47.27 with the built-in updater multiple times and also ran the 1.47.27 installer multiple times(to upgrade it to 1.47.32, but it wouldnt update to 32 which led me to try and remove it) before deleting/uninstalling webman-mod 1.4.27...will this cause any issues ?

Last edited by l3gi0n,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(multiman .........creates a partition that uses or needs, "custom firmware", to finish...............you can run it on some harddrives on super slim and slim, but doesn't work properly, also it does uninstall with no problem..........probably for that reason on those models)

multiman installs some files to your internal ps3 hdd, you need to delete those, I think you can just use "webman"'s file manager, never did myself, better off using google...................but.................(there's no reason to use multiman at all, for the average user)

You could update to "hybrid firmare + hen" versus "custom firmware"..................you can add the ".rap" files to your external usb stick or external hdd with also .iso games on it, so all of your unsigned installations will boot..............i'm not sure about those 70 to 80 hour long ftp ps3 game installations of loose files to the internal hdd, (which is why .pkg and .rap installs are still popular) may still work?

(multiman may not install or work properly afterwards but it won't damage anything, and, some brands of custom firmware is no longer updated, there just too broken and have too many issues)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag