Do you think Nintendo should set another Zelda game in Termina? (The setting of MM)

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you like to see another game set in Termina (or another world)? Most Zelda games have the same setting - Hyrule, with little alteration

What do you think about another game in Termina (the setting of Majora's mask)? Or perhaps new Hyrule from spirit tracks

Do you think Zelda would benefit from a change of setting - either new or revisiting a land from games past

Would be awesome to see something like Clock Town really come to life on a modern system with daily schedules beyond 3 days ala TES

MoshpitWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't play a lot of Majora's Mask, but I kind of like that it's a completely separate offshoot of the main series with no sequels. It's maybe a bit trite to have the games mostly take place in Hyrule, but I like seeing how the same location is interpreted in all the different games with their different vibes. And it adds to the mystery that there have been no other games set in Termina.. kind of adds to the theory that Link died and went to purgatory.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a tricky one, in a game like Pokémon it is like the core of the game series where region changes from game to game. But the lore of Zelda is Hyrule. Saying that, a Zelda game where you wake up in another location and the mystery of how you ended up in that new location, and your goal is to make it to back to Hyrule would be nice imo.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a new Zelda game that's not BotW again. I have nothing against BotW it's a superb game, but repackaging and asking $70 for the same game (with a new story and features) is just excessive.

Zelda is a franchise with variety so that's why I expected TotK to be a brand new (ish) experience. Silly me.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I want something like the Minish Cap again. smol. The entire game world is in someone's back yard. Vast kingdoms lie in the shade of lettuce. The fate of Hyrule rests on attaining and defending one strategically important pumpkin. For want of a kalabash, the battle was lost.
And so on.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want something like the Minish Cap again. smol. The entire game world is in someone's back yard. Vast kingdoms lie in the shade of lettuce. The fate of Hyrule rests on attaining and defending one strategically important pumpkin. For want of a kalabash, the battle was lost.
And so on.

Yes! We have a winner.

MoshpitWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And so on.
Yeah, if I was to pick one to get a sequel it would be Minish Cap. The artstyle was perfect for a 2D Zelda game and being able to explore a small world "under" the regular-sized world is ripe with potential.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN