emummc speed issue

dehydrated_lemur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I have a OLED with HWFLY 4.1. The sdcard reading is slow. I get long load times and laggy cutscenes in games. I have tried multiple sdcards from other switchs (that work fine). I tried swapping the sd card reader also. Still all the same results. I cannot figure out why im getting slow reading/writing on this console. I took the sdcard out of this switch and put it in another and reads and writes quickly. Hekate does not say Im running in 1 bit mode either. I have formated the sdcard and recreated the emummc multiple times. tried file based and partition based. all the same. any clues at all?
IMG20240107165203.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20240107173523.jpg
    IMG20240107173523.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey all. I have a OLED with HWFLY 4.1. The sdcard reading is slow. I get long load times and laggy cutscenes in games. I have tried multiple sdcards from other switchs (that work fine). I tried swapping the sd card reader also. Still all the same results. I cannot figure out why im getting slow reading/writing on this console. I took the sdcard out of this switch and put it in another and reads and writes quickly. Hekate does not say Im running in 1 bit mode either. I have formated the sdcard and recreated the emummc multiple times. tried file based and partition based. all the same. any clues at all?View attachment 412611

Change resistors to 100ohm on A and C on your chip.
Check post #158 in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-shaped-picofly-boards-start-shipping-in-china.632179/page-8

dehydrated_lemur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check post #158 in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-shaped-picofly-boards-start-shipping-in-china.632179/page-8
hey thanks for reply. I'll test the resistors when I get home.
Post automatically merged:

this not a picofly. Does that matter? Can anyone confirm firm which resistors are for A and C? I can't beep them out because the installer covers the chip with UV resin.
Post automatically merged:

I'm gonna leave an update here. I just swapped the hwfly to a picofly with the proper resistors and emunand still doesn't boot and I get 25mbps still on the SDcard. I think the switch is defective? No body has seen anything like this? This switch has me stumped. cfw sysnand boots. ofw boots emunand does not boot because it's is reading directly from the SD card.

Attachments

• IMG20240108155720.jpg
    IMG20240108155720.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited by dehydrated_lemur,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto