Error running Minecraft Switch Edition

grooster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using firmware 16.0.2 and AMS 1.5.3 with up to date sigpatches.

I wanted to try the original Minecraft for Switch but I can't launch the game. It closes with "the software was closed because an error occurred". The version I have passes signature and hash checks.

Any ideas?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using firmware 16.0.2 and AMS 1.5.3 with up to date sigpatches.

I wanted to try the original Minecraft for Switch but I can't launch the game. It closes with "the software was closed because an error occurred". The version I have passes signature and hash checks.

Any ideas?
Update your sigpatches

grooster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another source, and what is the SD card format?
I was able to find another source but it didn't pass signature tests. It looks like the Content.Program was changed but hashes are correct.

The SD card is FAT32 and I haven't had any trouble with it.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried Tinfoil and DBI. I have the files locally, so no shop.
Hmm. Maybe try redownload from other Site, source? I have minecraft for switch. From telegram bot. And i can install this game and play without problem. I have switch lite fw 16.01 newest atmo

grooster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Maybe try redownload from other Site, source? I have minecraft for switch. From telegram bot. And i can install this game and play without problem. I have switch lite fw 16.01 newest atmo
Does your version pass signature and hash checks?
Post automatically merged:

The version that passed signature and hash checks doesn't work. Another version that didn't pass, does work. I checked the files and the only change seems to be that the title rights were removed.

Last edited by grooster,

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does your version pass signature and hash checks?
Post automatically merged:

The version that passed signature and hash checks doesn't work. Another version that didn't pass, does work. I checked the files and the only change seems to be that the title rights were removed.
Yes my version pass signature check

nothingcc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem you're facing might be due to compatibility issues or potential corruption in the game files. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Firmware Compatibility: Ensure that the firmware version you're using (16.0.2) is indeed compatible with the version of Minecraft you're trying to run. Some games require specific firmware versions to work correctly.
  2. Update Hacked System: Make sure that your console's firmware, custom firmware (AMS), and sigpatches are all up-to-date. Using outdated or incorrect firmware and patches can cause compatibility issues.
  3. Check Mods or Patches: If you're using any mods or patches for the game, they might be causing conflicts. Try launching the game without any mods or patches to see if it works.
  4. Reinstall Minecraft: It's possible that the game files have become corrupted. Uninstall Minecraft and then reinstall it using a reliable source. Ensure that the game files are complete and haven't been tampered with.
  5. Check for Updates: If the original Minecraft for Switch has received any updates, make sure your game is updated to the latest version. Updates can sometimes fix compatibility issues.
  6. Check for Error Logs: Your Switch might generate error logs when a game crashes. You can find these logs in your system settings. Reviewing these logs might give you more information about the specific error causing the game to crash.
  7. Community Support: Seek help from online communities or forums dedicated to hacking and modding the Nintendo Switch. Other users might have encountered similar issues and can provide insights or solutions.
  8. Safety Measures: Be cautious when modifying your console and its software. Make sure you're following safe practices, as incorrect modifications can lead to permanent damage or bans from online services.
Remember that using hacked firmware and modified games can sometimes lead to unexpected issues. Always proceed with caution and ensure that you're using reliable sources and resources for your modifications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck