EZ Flash Omega - Help with LTTP/4S Downloaded Save

PanchoCilantro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this 100% completed save file of A Link to the Past GBA. The file is in .SAV format already. I renamed it to exactly match the ROM file in my EZ Flash and I placed it in the SAVER folder. However, when I run the game it is not loading up with the 100% completion save file. Instead, the game simply loads with the 3 blank files to choose from as if the save file is completely being ignored. The only thing I can think of is that the 100% file is 64KB and I noticed that a normal save file for this game would populate as an 8KB file in the SAVER folder when you create a new save file normally. I have tried loading the game with different save types such as Flash64 or SRAM. However, each time I do this and start the game up a I get a message on the screen where you pick a save file to load and play. The message states that each of the 3 files have been corrupted.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the files I uploaded to this post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/problem-with-zelda-lttp-fs-save-vba.248901/post-9755807

Something about this game's pre-completed save files seems to trip up a lot of emulators and flash carts. I no longer have access to the tools I used to perform the fix initially, nor do I remember the exact process (pretty sure I got "bits" and "bytes" confused at some point), so hopefully the files I uploaded will work for you.

Reactions: PanchoCilantro

PanchoCilantro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the files I uploaded to this post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/problem-with-zelda-lttp-fs-save-vba.248901/post-9755807

Something about this game's pre-completed save files seems to trip up a lot of emulators and flash carts. I no longer have access to the tools I used to perform the fix initially, nor do I remember the exact process (pretty sure I got "bits" and "bytes" confused at some point), so hopefully the files I uploaded will work for you.
You truly are the man, Dan. I appreciate it. :hrth:

Reactions: DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before thanking me, please let me know if it ends up working or not. I found the old Perl script and could potentially re-do the conversion process if need be. Should be as simple as installing Perl, running the script, manually trimming it down to exactly 8KB in size, and that's it. Assuming my memory is correct.

The Perl script can be found at this archived page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101104134230/http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/FlashManager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +2