PS1/2 FreePSXBoot not reading disk.

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i finally got a dexdrive so i thought that i could get FreePSXBoot on it. Well i did and i burned some games way before i got it, So i tryed to get it to read them, but i heard 2 spins and nothing else. So i used my 2ds styles to press the close lib button and see what happens, But as i said before it just spun twice and nothing else. I put in no disk and it did nothing .

So i got FreePSXBoot 4.4 instead of 4.5 and it did the same thing, it still spins twice and says "Reading 2" But something was werid because if i put no disk in it would do the same thing.

PS1 Slim SCPH-101

if you need more info reply to this thread

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try booting the burned discs as if the were legit PlayStation CDs. If the drive can successfully read them, the PS1 should go to the red "Please insert PlayStation format disc"-screen after some time (if no modchip is present).

In case the drive doesn't spin up, it has trouble even detecting the CD.

Try the following:
  • Legit PlayStation CDs (come on, get some CDs, and don't pirate the games)
  • Different dye type CD-R
  • Playing CDDA from a burned CD for some minutes. There should be no stuttering or skipping

and the disks are good, because i used them in the PSX emulator
Emulators and perfect PC drives aren't an accurate estimation for knowing if a (possibly worn) garbage grade PS1 drive will play a disc. Sadly.

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try booting the burned discs as if the were legit PlayStation CDs. If the drive can successfully read them, the PS1 should go to the red "Please insert PlayStation format disc"-screen after some time (if no modchip is present).

In case the drive doesn't spin up, it has trouble even detecting the CD.

Try the following:
  • Legit PlayStation CDs (come on, get some CDs, and don't pirate the games)
  • Different dye type CD-R
  • Playing CDDA from a burned CD for some minutes. There should be no stuttering or skipping

Emulators and perfect PC drives aren't an accurate estimation for knowing if a (possibly worn) garbage grade PS1 drive will play a disc. Sadly.
for some reason the burned games dont Even make the red screen show up and i have a burned audio cd that doesnt work on the ps1 too. i just tryed a burned cd and it did work

• Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for some reason the burned games dont Even make the red screen show up and i have a burned audio cd that doesnt work on the ps1 too
Not spinning up, no red screen... a clear indication that the drive doesn't even acknowledge the presence of a CD.

Again: Try different dye CD-R (not CD-RW, that sadly won't work). You could still start troubleshooting the drive later. Different dye might help.

• Sad
Reactions: zfreeman

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not spinning up, no red screen... a clear indication that the drive doesn't even acknowledge the presence of a CD.

Again: Try different dye CD-R (not CD-RW, that sadly won't work). You could still start troubleshooting the drive later. Different dye might help.
i got CD-RWs not CD-Rs

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got CD-RWs not CD-Rs
PlayStation 1 drives can't read rewritable media. The contrast is too low. Not designed for them.
I know it sucks, especially for experiments, but there is no way around getting write-once media.

Reactions: zfreeman

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PlayStation 1 drives can't read rewritable media. The contrast is too low. Not designed for them.
I know it sucks, especially for experiments, but there is no way around getting write-once media.
i might be able to get some soon
Post automatically merged:

i got some CD-Rs
now im burning them

Last edited by _FN10_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg