RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
OK I have a 4th gen ipod touch and I had installed VLC on it, I tried to add a file manually (because if I try to use itunes with apps it deletes all the instalous added apps), At first it couldn't find the file so I tried rebooting, now it's stuck in the apple logo screen, Even after the holding Home+Sleep/Power "trick" it still goes back to being frozen... Right now I'm trying to get the battery to die which is going to take a while since it was fully charged and has been on the charger, How can I fix it?

(BTW yes... I feel like an idiot, no comments please...)

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK, You gotta restore man. You should have installed AppSync, and clicked "Transfer Purchases from (iPod's name here)" before syncing using iTunes. How did you add the file? Through SSH?

And I don't mean regular restore, I mean DFU restore

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In future to get iTunes not to delete things use SBSettings to turn the Apple Killswitch off and install the AppSync version for your firmware (from the hackulo repository.) As an added precaution when you connect your iPod to iTunes, right click on your iPod and select transfer purchases, then the apps will be in your iTunes library. For now I would try to get into recovery mode or DFU mode (google for instructions) and alt click on restore (in iTunes) to restore from a .ipsw (download from the internet your current firmware.)

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Really, Just try your luck at a Genius bar. If they tell you your warranty is void, you're out of luck. That's Apple for ya'. Also, if you can remove all traces of your cracked apps using itunes

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Really, Just try your luck at a Genius bar. If they tell you your warranty is void, you're out of luck.
I don't think theres one around here, There has to be some way to be able to fix it myself

Posts merged

QUOTE(ron975 @ Aug 26 2011, 04:07 PM) That's Apple for ya'. Also, if you can remove all traces of your cracked apps using itunes
Well if I could get it to connect to my computer I wouldn't be having a problem now would I... There has to be some kind of back door to get in while it's at the apple logo right?...

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay first download this .ipsw
Now, make sure you ipod is fully off, then connect it to your computer while holding the home button, it should go into recovery mode.
Then in iTunes Alt+Click the restore button and navigate to the file I gave you.
This will update you to the latest jailbreakable firmware and delete everything on your ipod.
Good luck.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, your warranty is void because of jailbreaking, so that's a no go. You should be able to recover it fine with the instructions I gave you. I have had to restore my iPod many times because of all my screw ups.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By completely I meant just make sure nothing is showing on the screen, if it's frozen just press the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, hold the power and home buttons until it turns off, and keep holding them, then quickly release the power button and plug in the usb (while holding home.)

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If that doesn't work you could try DFU mode, which is similar to recovery mode. The instructions are as follows:
Step 1: Turn off your iPod touch / iPhone completely and connect to PC / mac

Step 2: Hold down the Power button for 3 seconds

Step 3: Without releasing the power button, also hold the Home button for 10 seconds

Step 4: Without releasing the home button, release the power button and keep holding the Home button for 20 seconds.

Itunes will identify that you are in DFU mode.

In this case you're gonna want to hold power and home to turn it off, let go of home and follow the rest of the instructions.

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I got it with the quick method, glad I'm part Ninja. But it's not letting me get to where I can select the file and is giving a default (I assume default) restore message and it's saying that will restore and update. Are you sure holding alt and clicking is the right command? (Or should I have specified I'm on Windows?)
EDIT: Nevermind, it's shift+click... back to feeling like an idiot...

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm trying... I waited too long on a download and it popped back into that frozen mode and isn't in recovery mode and it isn't wanting to go back, and I can't use that other method since it won't completely shut down..
EDIT: Wow, switching hands and got it... so I'm half ninja?
tongue.gif

EDIT2: Yeah... It's not letting me use those, I'm just going to have to update, I mean at least a jailbreak is possible

EDIT3: OK, it seems to be restored, syncing back all my songs and I have to get all my apps back but at least it's functional

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's why I had to stop wearing shorts in public. B-)