G-Con 1 games on PS2 via FMCB & POPstarter

cmdrmarc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So there appears to be a known issue with POPStarter via FMCB when trying to play G-Con 1 games (eg Time Crisis, Point Blank etc) - the G-Con is recognised, but due to a video timing issue, it can never detect the gun being fired correctly. If I play a retail disc, it all works fine.

The last thread I could find on this was 7 years ago on PS2 Home https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1400

Anyone got any idea if there's a workaround / revised version of Popstarter / alternative PSX emulator?

Last edited by cmdrmarc,

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the games compatible with popstarter? Are they listed as working in the compatibility list?
Also, try running them from smb (or internal hdd if it's an option) as it could be a speed issue, regarding the slow usb 1.1 port..

cmdrmarc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are the games compatible with popstarter? Are they listed as working in the compatibility list?
Also, try running them from smb (or internal hdd if it's an option) as it could be a speed issue, regarding the slow usb 1.1 port..
I've only seen Time Crisis listed on the compatibility sheet, and it says Yes because technically it does and you could play it with a controller. It (and all GCon games) start but you can't calibrate the gun.

I'm running a PS2 slim so HDD isn't an option but I'll try running it from the network. Not convinced it's a speed issue though as the game is fully loaded at that point. Seems more of a video timing issue with the emulator.

cmdrmarc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If that's the case there's nothing you can do, as it's an issue with the emulator, and it's no longer being supported.
Yes, hence my original question being if anyone had any lucky using a different emulator or method :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only seen Time Crisis listed on the compatibility sheet, and it says Yes because technically it does and you could play it with a controller. It (and all GCon games) start but you can't calibrate the gun.

I'm running a PS2 slim so HDD isn't an option but I'll try running it from the network. Not convinced it's a speed issue though as the game is fully loaded at that point. Seems more of a video timing issue with the emulator.

I tried Xenogears before via popstarter on a ps2 , it didn't run well.

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
OP

Do you have a compatible slim to use MechaPwn and boot back up discs.

Otherwise wait and see what develops beyond mx4sio with the next generation PS2 memory card readers.

Last edited by torrent_get,

cmdrmarc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP

Do you have a compatible slim to use MechaPwn and boot back up discs.

Otherwise wait and see what develops beyond mx4sio with the next generation PS2 memory card readers.
Yeah mechapwn was my next avenue to look down, I just don't currently have a cd burner but looking like the most viable option right now. Thanks 👍
Post automatically merged:

This was the last link I could find btw https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1400

Last edited by cmdrmarc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....