gamecube

milotronic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, want to start off this question by letting everyone know I am the noobiest at modding consoles. I've only done 3DS modding until today and have struggled with this Wii. I have everything I need I believe and have been trying to load Pokemon Colosseum (Japanese version as well as the Celebi bonus disc), only for it to freeze on the Nintendo Logo. I've made sure to make a Memory Card before loading it up, and have even just tried a different game to make sure it isn't a hardware issue (Pikmin, which worked). Not sure if I am able to provide images or what the guidelines/rules are, but if someone is able to let me know and possibly help me out that would be amazing. I'm using a 16gb SanDisk USB stick and a Toshiba 2gb SD card (games are on the stick, everything else is on the SD card).

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, want to start off this question by letting everyone know I am the noobiest at modding consoles. I've only done 3DS modding until today and have struggled with this Wii. I have everything I need I believe and have been trying to load Pokemon Colosseum (Japanese version as well as the Celebi bonus disc), only for it to freeze on the Nintendo Logo. I've made sure to make a Memory Card before loading it up, and have even just tried a different game to make sure it isn't a hardware issue (Pikmin, which worked). Not sure if I am able to provide images or what the guidelines/rules are, but if someone is able to let me know and possibly help me out that would be amazing. I'm using a 16gb SanDisk USB stick and a Toshiba 2gb SD card (games are on the stick, everything else is on the SD card).
It's a possibility that your legally obtained iso is a bad dump.
Try getting a better dump.

There's also a chance that your monitor or tv might be incompatible with japanese resolutions, thus, black screen. So if this is the case, it might still have sound. "But other japanese games works", yes, but not all games has the exact same resolution, sometimes games has different resolutions in menus and different resolutions in-game.

Rules in this place are:
  • Do not ask for warez nor post link to warez nor guide to warez.
  • Love p1ng above anyone else, even admins.
  • Post Gothiccs pictures.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few things to check :
- Redownload or redump your game. Check the hash, and compare it with the one of a known good dump.
- Don't scrub the iso, specially if it's not compatible.
- If you're using a crt, it could be a ntsc signal issue if you have a pal tv. If you're using an hdtv, it's not it then.
- A bit irrelevant, but i recommend updating Nintendont if it's not already on the latest.
- GC games should work on both a FAT32 formatted sd card & usb flash drive just fine, so no issues there.
That's it.

milotronic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a possibility that your legally obtained iso is a bad dump.
Try getting a better dump.

There's also a chance that your monitor or tv might be incompatible with japanese resolutions, thus, black screen. So if this is the case, it might still have sound. "But other japanese games works", yes, but not all games has the exact same resolution, sometimes games has different resolutions in menus and different resolutions in-game.

Rules in this place are:
  • Do not ask for warez nor post link to warez nor guide to warez.
  • Love p1ng above anyone else, even admins.
  • Post Gothiccs pictures.
I should have also mentioned that Pikmin was an NA game. I’ve also tried NA Colosseum but no luck there either.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have also mentioned that Pikmin was an NA game. I’ve also tried NA Colosseum but no luck there either.
Check the video settings in Nintendont, and force it to PAL60 if you're using a crt, otherwise NTSC & NTSC-J games should work on your HDTV (if that's what you're using).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1 usb sticks are not recomended for nintendont
2 check your iso md5 and compare it with the correct values at redump.org
3 make sure your not forcing settings that might be incompatible,(take a picture of your nintendont settings)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?