GBADesk - An open-source GBATemp forum client that has voice chat and more!

MrPlix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Through the ability of implementing the same dogshit website into an application with more features, I present the announcement of:

GBADesk/OpenTemp
No License 2023 MrPlix. No Rights Reserved because I don't have any to put.

Alright, so I bet you're asking yourself:

What features does OpenTemp have?

Well...

In the chat (for the masochists that use it), there is a new ability to do voice chat (aka just converting speech to text...)! If another user is using OpenTemp, they can do (very shitty) voice chat and not just converting speech to text.

Plus, you can show what game you're playing right now in your status, kinda like Discord!

Also, if, say, you're running an emulator with online multiplayer support, you can invite people to join you in multiplayer matches!

One thing.
This project is very ambitious.
Only the basic start will be implemented.
please don't be begging for all features. OpenTemp is still not an actual piece of software yet.
If you want to make it a real piece of software, DM me your Discord username and number as well as your GitHub username in GBATemp so I can (hopefully) add you to the project.

Thank you!
MrPlix, developer of OpenTemp, Tinted SMBU, and Pokemon WaterBlue/ElectricYellow

Post automatically merged:

but who the hell would download this JUST for GBATemp?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what are you "announcing"?
Nothing, he's not going to be able to do much to interact with Xenforo without permissions (which this project will need) unless he does some shenagans with his own browser(think of those website to app converters that just embed the webpage into something)

MrPlix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldnt recommend entering your username and password into anything that doesnt have our official stamp
I'm telling you...
this has the GBATemp website built into it.
look at the discord desktop client. it's a glorified web browser but for discord only.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
A classic case of "The Idea Guy's Ambitious but Unrealistic Project" being announced only for hiring the people to actually make it.

Good luck finding anyone interested.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm telling you...
this has the GBATemp website built into it.
look at the discord desktop client. it's a glorified web browser but for discord only.
Sus as fuck, why can’t I just do that myself or just using my own browser? Linux Mint and peppermintOS both have tools that allow the user make dedicated apps to websites. Pretty sure most modern browsers can do that too.

MrPlix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sus as fuck, why can’t I just do that myself or just using my own browser? Linux Mint and peppermintOS both have tools that allow the user make dedicated apps to websites. Pretty sure most modern browsers can do that too.
still
GBATemp voice chat

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only purpose I'd find for this is if it were designed for legacy or niche hardware (Old computers, maybe designed for consoles) as a novelty. I love little projects like that (and use the one for Discord a bit more than I should) but in terms of a dedicated client, just for GBATemp, specifically for the devices that can already access GBATemp without issue, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.