HardMod 2DS B9s failed ?

ZweLpiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
6 years ago, I hardbrick my 2ds and black screen.

6 years later I opened my closet and got my 2ds back.
I soldered for hardmod (DAT0 ... etc to a micro SD adapter that I soldered), currently I have the blue screen (bootrom 8046) and I follow the tuto 'b9s hardmod' but I have trouble because even when I inject the nand_patched, I turn on my console and I stay on the blue screen.
I don't know my console's firmware at the moment, so I have to try everything?
(I imagine so, but it's not working at the moment).

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this damn 2ds?
Knowing that now, thanks to the hardmod, I have a NAND.img file.

I also have the impression that whatever I do I'll have the blue menu until I remove the soldering, is my impression correct?
How can I get out of the blue screen without having to turn it off?
(I don't have an old nand, I was just able to get a copy of the nand with the current hardmod)

Thank you for your help, I apologize if there are mistakes I try to translate haha

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all: Hardmod for 2|3DS is very dangerous and very unneeded. With ntrboot one can achieve more than with hardmod and this has virtually no risks.

Anybody stumbling later upon this thread considering hardmod: Please leave the soldering station cold in this situation. A cheap R4 is all you need.

============

With that out of the way:
As far as I know the 8046 BOOTROM ERROR is supposed to show while the SD adapter is connected to the SD reader.
Example codes, including one for the hardmod status:
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Bootloader#Error_Codes

It should go away when disconnecting – how should one use the device otherwise? Some people went as far as installing custom connectors into their 3DS to easily hook up an SD reader at any point without having flimsy cables hanging out. If the hardmod is done correctly it should not interfere with normal operation (unless SD reader is connected).

I'm not really sure. I think a known plaintext attack is used to install B9S via hardmod. This requires knowing the current firmware version.

Reactions: BigOnYa

ZweLpiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Re,
I tried to debrick with an R4, nothing worked, I absolutely didn't want it.
so I opted for hardmod, but yes if anyone passes by here, be really careful with HARDMOD, it's 99% not necessary...

Back to my worries,
Here is the error code:
00F800FF DEDEFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000Both the firm0 and firm1 partitions are corrupt (possibly related to certain flags missing?)

So I will just try each firmware and injected the nand_patched by b9s until it works for now.

No idea why a blue screen remains when the SD card is not connected to the adapter, it should be a black screen?

THANKS

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea why a blue screen remains when the SD card is not connected to the adapter, it should be a black screen?
That sounds like you used the wrong firmware version (known plaintext). B9S is a replacement for the normal FIRM. Adding the image to the wrong plaintext = garbage data → FIRM0 and FIRM1 corrupt.

You must absolutely keep a clean copy of the NAND image you received with the hardmod for trying out multiple versions. Don't lose that file. Flashing the original file back should bring back the black screens issue you described above (unless some hardware got damaged)

I tried to debrick with an R4, nothing worked, I absolutely didn't want it.
Now… ntrboot is hard to troubleshoot as having it fail can have *many* reasons.
Since you can reach that 8046 error, ntrboot should work. → Possible causes of failure

ZweLpiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All right,

to be sure, I injected the clean_nand, and when I turn it on (without plugging in the hardmod) I am on a black screen so it's OK.
when I plug in the hardmod here is the error:

00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000400 00000000NAND not found error (?)

Do you have an idea? or otherwise I continue to try the different firmware available for b9s hoping to find the one that corresponds to my console

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have an idea? or otherwise I continue to try the different firmware available for b9s hoping to find the one that corresponds to my console
I've no other ideas than ntrboot which didn't work for you because of ???
========

Getting another error than mentioned on 3dbrew when SD reader is connected is probably not important. After all the console can't reach the NAND in that situation (SD reader connected)

Your hardmod seems to work as intended (as indicated by flashing the original image with success).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah as I recall connecting a nand mod to a SD reader will always trigger a blue screen on power up....that's the expected behavior. You can't have 2 things access the same chip at the same time after all. Blackscreen means that something hung during firm boot process since bootloader didn't show an error.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah as I recall connecting a nand mod to a SD reader will always trigger a blue screen on power up....that's the expected behavior. You can't have 2 things access the same chip at the same time after all. Blackscreen means that something hung during firm boot process since bootloader didn't show an error.
You power on the system with the SD card adapter not connected to anything, then with the blue screen appearing, connect it up to your SD card reader and re-flash the NAND. Make sure that you use your own NAND backup to do this and not from another unit, as it may brick.

ZweLpiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help with the SD card adapt everything works.

currently I’m just trying to download each version . firm and test one by one nand_patched

If it doesn’t work, I have no other ideas :/
Post automatically merged:

I would have to 'repair' my clearn_NAND so that it stops making me a black screen/ just so that it works normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto