Help! Error code 2002-6400 program 01000000000000C when launching Atmosphere

RadMcFist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope someone here can help me 'cause I'm at my wit's end at this point. After launching a game I got atmosphere error screen with the usual numbers and "press volume key to launch payload", etc. I pressed the vol key to go back to hekate and from there launched into atmosphere as usual. It started loading atmosphere but after all the logos, it showed the error page again with error code 2002-6400 0xadb20002, program 01000000000000C, and it does this every time I launch atmosphere no matter what I do.

I have tried putting atmosphere back in the sd card after deleting the one already in there. I have tried another sd card in case something got corrupted (both sd cards are authentic). I have used an atmosphere configuration from my other switch that I know works. It always shows the same error. There is no 01000000000000C to delete in the contents folder, of course.

I haven't updated recently and I didn't change anything except install an nsp that I'd already used before without issues. My firmware is 16.0.2 and the atmosphere I was using was 1.5.1 with the corresponding hekate, but I have tried more recent ones as well.

Is there a way to check if the NAND is corrupt somehow? All I can find is that apparently Lockpick RCM will give an error if so, but it runs fine for me without any issues.

Looking for that error online, I see a few people (one of them here) that had the same experience but they fixed it by using a clean atmosphere.

What do I do? Any recommendations accepted. Please help!

Edit:
Fixed it. I entered Maintenance Mode and reset the Switch to factory settings from there, save files and all. Atmosphere booted after that. From what I gather, DBI messed something up big time while restoring a save file. Hope this at least helps someone who might have the same problem.

Edit 2:
Apparently, 01000000000000C is related to BCAT. I figured that something had gone wrong with the save files and that's why I tried to fix it by deleting them (with success), and it checks out that BCAT was involved.

Last edited by RadMcFist,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really hope someone here can help me 'cause I'm at my wit's end at this point. After launching a game I got atmosphere error screen with the usual numbers and "press volume key to launch payload", etc. I pressed the vol key to go back to hekate and from there launched into atmosphere as usual. It started loading atmosphere but after all the logos, it showed the error page again with error code 2002-6400 0xadb20002, program 01000000000000C, and it does this every time I launch atmosphere no matter what I do.

I have tried putting atmosphere back in the sd card after deleting the one already in there. I have tried another sd card in case something got corrupted (both sd cards are authentic). I have used an atmosphere configuration from my other switch that I know works. It always shows the same error. There is no 01000000000000C to delete in the contents folder, of course.

I haven't updated recently and I didn't change anything except install an nsp that I'd already used before without issues. My firmware is 16.0.2 and the atmosphere I was using was 1.5.1 with the corresponding hekate, but I have tried more recent ones as well.

Is there a way to check if the NAND is corrupt somehow? All I can find is that apparently Lockpick RCM will give an error if so, but it runs fine for me without any issues.

Looking for that error online, I see a few people (one of them here) that had the same experience but they fixed it by using a clean atmosphere.

Edit:
Fixed it. I entered Maintenance Mode and reset the Switch to factory settings from there, save files and all. Atmosphere booted after that. From what I gather, DBI messed something up big time while restoring a save file. Hope this at least helps someone who might have the same problem.
it was on sysnand? not emu?

RadMcFist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was on sysnand? not emu?
Yes. This Switch wasn't mine originally and the previous owner didn't bother making an emunand. Since the sysnand has already been sullied to hell and back, I never bothered going through the hasle of making one either. What I should have done is kept a recent backup, but oh well. Lesson learned.

sam12

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Edit:

Edit 2:
Apparently, 01000000000000C is related to BCAT. I figured that something had gone wrong with the save files and that's why I tried to fix it by deleting them (with success), and it checks out that BCAT was involved.
Which files did you delete and how?
I'm also having trouble with the same error.

RadMcFist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which files did you delete and how?
I'm also having trouble with the same error.
Oh, man, so sorry I didn't reply before. I didn't see your post until now. I hope you already fixed your problem, but I'll try to help if you haven't.

Did you recently mess around with save files, specifically BCAT files? In my case what happened was I stupidly copied over the BCAT folder from another console and that apparently is a big no-no. To delete the problematic files download Nxnandmanager from https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager then follow the "How to mount and open your Nintendo Switch NAND" section of the readme. Once you got the nand mounted in Nxnandmanager go to the explorer and look for the Save file that you recently added, then delete it. If it was because of a BCAT folder, then you only have to delete that; no need to delete the whole save. Make sure you don't mess with anything else, this is your nand you're playing around with!

If that doesn't fix it, then I'm afraid the only other solution I can think of is to go into maintenance mode in your Switch and do a factory reset from there. This way you will lose all your save files, so I recommend extracting them beforehand via Nxnandmanager using the same method I explained before (make sure you extract them in the correct format). To go into maintenance mode, turn off your Switch completely then press and hold BOTH volume buttons (Vol Up and Vol Down) at the same time and then turn the console on making sure to not release both Vol buttons until you get to the maintenance mode screen. From there it's fairly obvious what to do for a factory reset.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by RadMcFist,
  • Love
Reactions: Pikolou

sam12

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, man, so sorry I didn't reply before. I didn't see your post until now. I hope you already fixed your problem, but I'll try to help if you haven't.

Did you recently mess around with save files, specifically BCAT files? In my case what happened was I stupidly copied over the BCAT folder from another console and that apparently is a big no-no. To delete the problematic files download Nxnandmanager from then follow the "How to mount and open your Nintendo Switch NAND" section of the readme. Once you got the nand mounted in Nxnandmanager go to the explorer and look for the Save file that you recently added, then delete it. If it was because of a BCAT folder, then you only have to delete that; no need to delete the whole save. Make sure you don't mess with anything else, this is your nand you're playing around with!

If that doesn't fix it, then I'm afraid the only other solution I can think of is to go into maintenance mode in your Switch and do a factory reset from there. This way you will lose all your save files, so I recommend extracting them beforehand via Nxnandmanager using the same method I explained before (make sure you extract them in the correct format). To go into maintenance mode, turn off your Switch completely then press and hold BOTH volume buttons (Vol Up and Vol Down) at the same time and then turn the console on making sure to not release both Vol buttons until you get to the maintenance mode screen. From there it's fairly obvious what to do for a factory reset.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
Extracting the save data from Nxnandmanager was done by collecting various information, but I reset everything and restored the save data.

However, based on your information, I was able to resolve the problem by mounting the NAND and deleting the save data that was added just before!
I'm really thankful to you.
As you said, this error occurred when I copied the BCAT file.

Last edited by sam12,
Reactions: RadMcFist

RadMcFist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
Extracting the save data from Nxnandmanager was done by collecting various information, but I reset everything and restored the save data.

However, based on your information, I was able to resolve the problem by mounting the NAND and deleting the save data that was added just before!
I'm really thankful to you.
As you said, this error occurred when I copied the BCAT file.
Oh, that's great! I'm glad you managed to fix it.

Pikolou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Did you recently mess around with save files, specifically BCAT files? In my case what happened was I stupidly copied over the BCAT folder from another console and that apparently is a big no-no. To delete the problematic files download Nxnandmanager from https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager then follow the "How to mount and open your Nintendo Switch NAND" section of the readme. Once you got the nand mounted in Nxnandmanager go to the explorer and look for the Save file that you recently added, then delete it. If it was because of a BCAT folder, then you only have to delete that; no need to delete the whole save. Make sure you don't mess with anything else, this is your nand you're playing around with!

Let me know how it goes.

Restoring a save file with DBI... and... guess what...
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :bow:

Reactions: RadMcFist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?