Emulation How to import an 100% save file into flycast on a modded Switch ?

EmmaQF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've modded my switch for one simple reason to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the go, games I've played plenty already, but after all the hasstle of modding my switch, ROM extraction, setting up the emulator (Flycast) and even putting on the homescreen I just can't find the correct place to put my 100%ed saved file in.

I tried googling but since this is a very specific topic I can't find anyone talking about it. I used the emulator by downloading the .NRO I don't think there is a connection to retroarch like I've seen in some posts.
It's very frustrating bcs SA2 in specific runs pretty well from what I've played

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try playing a bit in order to create dummy saves. Then, locate them and overwrite with the good ones.

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience with tweaking and using emulators, there's a basic process to follow, but it's good to keep in mind that the exact steps might change a bit depending on your modded Switch setup and how Flycast is installed. Usually, Dreamcast game saves for Flycast need to be in a certain file type, like .vmu or .vms. If you've got your 100% save file ready in the right format, the next step is finding where Flycast keeps its save files on your Switch. If you've got Flycast running as an .NRO file and it's not hooked into RetroArch, it probably has its own special folder for save data, which might not be super easy to find right away. On a modded Switch, my first guess would be to check the 'switch' folder right at the root of your SD card, since that's where .NRO apps usually keep their stuff. Inside there, you might find a folder named something like flycast or close to that.

EmmaQF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In my experience with tweaking and using emulators, there's a basic process to follow, but it's good to keep in mind that the exact steps might change a bit depending on your modded Switch setup and how Flycast is installed. Usually, Dreamcast game saves for Flycast need to be in a certain file type, like .vmu or .vms. If you've got your 100% save file ready in the right format, the next step is finding where Flycast keeps its save files on your Switch. If you've got Flycast running as an .NRO file and it's not hooked into RetroArch, it probably has its own special folder for save data, which might not be super easy to find right away. On a modded Switch, my first guess would be to check the 'switch' folder right at the root of your SD card, since that's where .NRO apps usually keep their stuff. Inside there, you might find a folder named something like flycast or close to that.
I found it ( flycast/data) but no matter what file I put in there the game still shoes just the one I played to test if it worked. I even tried downloading a bunch of different ones online and throwing in there hoping for the best but still nothing
1- Ignore the save state ones those were from me just playing Adventure 1 normally lol
2-I'm considering deleting everything here and trying dragging the save file there making the only thing for the game to read to see if that works. If it does not I have no clue what to do

EDIT- tried the second thing it did not work :/
1708971639759.png

Last edited by EmmaQF,

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it ( flycast/data) but no matter what file I put in there the game still shoes just the one I played to test if it worked. I even tried downloading a bunch of different ones online and throwing in there hoping for the best but still nothing
1- Ignore the save state ones those were from me just playing Adventure 1 normally lol
2-I'm considering deleting everything here and trying dragging the save file there making the only thing for the game to read to see if that works. If it does not I have no clue what to do

EDIT- tried the second thing it did not work :/
View attachment 422433
Sometimes, the system might block or limit the new files you're adding because of file permissions. Make sure the system allows these files just like it does with the others in the flycast/data folder. So, you might have to change the settings so your new files can work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?