Hardware How to remove Xbox one WiFi adapter

HansGuitarSolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange request. I want to remove the WiFi adapter from my Xbox one so the console still functions with Ethernet but not WiFi.

I have a problem with viewing inappropriate content and I’m trying to lock myself down. I have a content blocker on my Ethernet but WiFi lets me connect via cell phone hotspot and bypass it. I need to get rid of the ability to use WiFi.

How do I do this without disabling the rest of the console?

can I still use wireless controllers somehow and disable just the WiFi to the network?

It’s an old Xbox one (not S or X)

thanks for the help

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can I still use wireless controllers somehow and disable just the WiFi to the network?

Follow the instruction here to disassemble the Xbox one. The wifi module is on top of the case. The controllers do not use wifi but a proprietary RF connection nd that board is on the front. There is a possibility the Xbox One doesn't boot if he doesn't see the wifi adapter. If you are not able to boot your Xbox anymore without the wifi adapter you can just unplug the antenna wire. This should limit a lot the wifi coverage so the Xbox shouldn't be able to connect anymore, unless you keep the wifi hotspot very closer. Let us know if it works.

Anyway all the stuff you are seeing on the Xbox One came from Xbox live server. There are no filters you can set up con your router to block that content, unless you disconnect from xbox live completely. If your concern is about content you can see thru the Explorer browser you can setup filters on Explorer settings.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Xbone has problems shutting down with a detached/lose Wifi module.

Atleast, I've been experiencing that problem.
Reinserting the module is the only way to avoid the problem when it comes to updating the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)