Tutorial  Updated

How to transplant savedata (system and user) from other switches

All firmware versions, guide here, kinda obsolete now that we have ChoiDujour which does this as the first step automatically:
https://pastebin.com/hXs4VCgs

Lets you transplant savedata as raw files (including system savedata) which means you can recover these consoles by using other people's firmware/partition images (restored with proper BIS keys, of course), except for PRODINFO/PRODINFOF which is absolutely console specific and you should never replace.
It also means you can get fakenews installed on your 1.0.0 console without PPT JPN, simply by replacing your SYSTEM:/save/8000000000000090 file with a friend's who already has it (make sure to back yours up first) using HacDiskMount after mounting SYSTEM partition, then launching 1.0.0 using Hekate and this FS.kip1 patch applied, using the fake news entry to launch the browser and install fake news AGAIN via pegaswitch, which should fix the CMAC so you don't have to boot using Hekate anymore.

Last edited by rajkosto,

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well if you're running SX OS i would assume you won't be using your cartridges :O

What homebrew apps have you got working on 1.0?
I didn't bother testing any as most just gave me an error.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
All firmware versions, guide here, kinda obsolete now that we have ChoiDujour which does this as the first step automatically:
https://pastebin.com/hXs4VCgs

Lets you transplant savedata as raw files (including system savedata) which means you can recover these consoles by using other people's firmware/partition images (restored with proper BIS keys, of course), except for PRODINFO/PRODINFOF which is absolutely console specific and you should never replace.
It also means you can get fakenews installed on your 1.0.0 console without PPT JPN, simply by replacing your SYSTEM:/save/8000000000000090 file with a friend's who already has it (make sure to back yours up first) using HacDiskMount after mounting SYSTEM partition, then launching 1.0.0 using Hekate and this FS.kip1 patch applied, using the fake news entry to launch the browser and install fake news AGAIN via pegaswitch, which should fix the CMAC so you don't have to boot using Hekate anymore.
I want to edit the Fallout game contained in SYSTEM / SAVE / 8000000000000060 weighs about 48.4MB and I want to do it from hacdiskmount. Is there a way to do it without using Checkpoint ?.

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I want to edit the Fallout game contained in SYSTEM / SAVE / 8000000000000060 weighs about 48.4MB and I want to do it from hacdiskmount. Is there a way to do it without using Checkpoint ?.
If you fully understand the drive, and file structure I don't see why not. Hacdiskmount will let you mount any partitions on the system and SD card.
Not sure how checkpoint works but, with Hacdiskmount you just preload some files onto your SD card run RCM and then yoiu can choose what to mount.
But be careful modifying if you do not know what you're looking for and don't do a back up you could potentially brick your system.

On another note I finally upgraded using Raj's method of going from 1.0 to 5.1 without burning fuses. It was much easier no real big bugs during the process much easier than the process of getting fakenews installed without PPT and getting Pegaswitch up and running. The only problem I had was making a full raw Dump, but i skipped that step because I made a dump before I installed fakenews so that dump is still good plus should be able to rebuild now using chojudior. If things go south providing you have your system keys etc.

Now the waiting game for SX OS to be delivered.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you fully understand the drive, and file structure I don't see why not. Hacdiskmount will let you mount any partitions on the system and SD card.
Not sure how checkpoint works but, with Hacdiskmount you just preload some files onto your SD card run RCM and then yoiu can choose what to mount.
But be careful modifying if you do not know what you're looking for and don't do a back up you could potentially brick your system.

On another note I finally upgraded using Raj's method of going from 1.0 to 5.1 without burning fuses. It was much easier no real big bugs during the process much easier than the process of getting fakenews installed without PPT and getting Pegaswitch up and running. The only problem I had was making a full raw Dump, but i skipped that step because I made a dump before I installed fakenews so that dump is still good plus should be able to rebuild now using chojudior. If things go south providing you have your system keys etc.

Now the waiting game for SX OS to be delivered.
You got away from my subject, but how is that to update OFW without burning fuses?

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You got away from my subject, but how is that to update OFW without burning fuses?
The save game issue I tried to answer with this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you uninstall fakenews? Replaced the news file with my original and it errors like before installing it with pegaswitch
Can you tell me what you're trying to achieve?
If you know exact what files fakenews replaced and you kept the original it will work but the best route would be to open your raw backup go to the 2.5GB partition and restore your backup the with with peganews never installed. I am guessing you took lots of backup you installed any hacks that same goes with all guides.

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok well its the 2.5gb partition that Fakenews overwrote. There is only one during that guide that you were made to backup.

That will suffice but if you want to be 200% sure the full RAW NAND dump has everything to get it back to original state if happen to modify more than just fakenews

Paspain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Im just confused.... thats still active? Im interested because im on 1.0.0 and i havent got PPT. But... i have a " user level" and thats not very clear to me.... some guide whith more detail???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hangovers are awful. Luckily I don't drink much these days to begin with, but they're the reason I don't drink - a lot- anymore
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini...