Homebrew I accidentally updated to fw 18.0 on my switch in cfw and now I am getting an error that says unknown pkg1 version. please help me find a solution

FortcrafterALSN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIN_20240326_16_49_57_Pro.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: DragonMals

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  • Haha
Reactions: Lostbhoy

FortcrafterALSN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i had to make a backup according to the tutorial i used.
btw can someone tell me when the new hetake and atmosphere update will come out?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i think i had to make a backup according to the tutorial i used.
btw can someone tell me when the new hetake and atmosphere update will come out?
Please, seriously DO NOT ASK THAT the people works on that great pieces of software FOR FREE they do it for the love of to the scene, pressing and asking "When" is only disrespectful for their commitment, THEY ALREADY HAVE SPOKEN AND TELL ALL OF US THEY ARE WORKING ON THAT so will be when will be ready, no before.
Post automatically merged:

seriously, go to the thread and read it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-firmware-18-0-0-has-been-released.652159/

FortcrafterALSN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably 1-2 weeks
thx bro

Please, seriously DO NOT ASK THAT the people works on that great pieces of software FOR FREE they do it for the love of to the scene, pressing and asking "When" is only disrespectful for their commitment, THEY ALREADY HAVE SPOKEN AND TELL ALL OF US THEY ARE WORKING ON THAT so will be when will be ready, no before.

seriously, go to the thread and read it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-firmware-18-0-0-has-been-released.652159/
sorry. i new to the modding community, i wouldnt know where to find their posts. i literaly modded my switch yesterday

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You fucked up by not making a NAND backup. All the homebrew guides specifically tell you to make it and to not skip since it's a very important step to do.

Your Switch is now going to be useless until an update to Atmosphère gets released. Take the few weeks as time to go do something else and learn that when a guide tells you that something is important, it most likely isn't lying to you.

Reactions: DragonMals

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
You fucked up by not making a NAND backup. All the homebrew guides specifically tell you to make it and to not skip since it's a very important step to do.

Your Switch is now going to be useless until an update to Atmosphère gets released. Take the few weeks as time to go do something else and learn that when a guide tells you that something is important, it most likely isn't lying to you.
Not useless as long as OFW clean he could still go online gaming on OFW 18

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this thread suspect. The OP joined just to post this question which we all know comes up every time a new HOS version is released. At least this time it wasn't blamed on the dog/kids/roommate/etc....

OP then states that he's new to modding but may have followed a guide that walked through creating a backup. Doesn't know where to check for hekate/AMS updates, didn't specify sysnand or emmc, asks "when"....

If the OP is not trolling he or she needs to do a lot of reading while awaiting an update to hekate/AMS for HOS 18.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I find this thread suspect. The OP joined just to post this question which we all know comes up every time a new HOS version is released. At least this time it wasn't blamed on the dog/kids/roommate/etc....

OP then states that he's new to modding but may have followed a guide that walked through creating a backup. Doesn't know where to check for hekate/AMS updates, didn't specify sysnand or emmc, asks "when"....

If the OP is not trolling he or she needs to do a lot of reading while awaiting an update to hekate/AMS for HOS 18.
As an OG, I can honestly say it can go either way. Either it’s someone who joined to do the meme or someone who actually just made a mistake, it’s still worth noting that they still did the thing.

Reactions: anon730

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...