twindtrout9783

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I took apart my Xbox 360 slim apart for the second time because of it not being able to read discs. I removed the shell and pulled out my ROM Drive and opened up it's case, and everything looked fine. No hair, dirt, etc. I put it back into my console and reconnected the wires, and then turned on my Xbox 360 with my controller. I tried loading a game just to see if it would work, and it did (and still does.)

So this makes me think. I wonder if Microsoft somehow set the console to work for so long, and then have it to have to go in for "repairs" so that they somehow earn more money.
I know that there are some holes in this theory, but after all, it is just a theory.

Last edited by twindtrout9783,
D

Deleted User

Well that could have happened, but my disc drive was still working in terms of opening and closing.
Laser could have been a bit too dusty and opening the drive shakes just enough dust off to get it reading again

If M$ had planned for drives to break after x amount if time surely the Homebrew community would have discovered that by now, or there would be thousands of reports coming in

Also if this were the case..your drive would not have started working again after simply opening it

Reactions: twindtrout9783

twindtrout9783

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Laser could have been a bit too dusty and opening the drive shakes just enough dust off to get it reading again

If M$ had planned for drives to break after x amount if time surely the Homebrew community would have discovered that by now, or there would be thousands of reports coming in

Also if this were the case..your drive would not have started working again after simply opening it
That makes sense.

Also, because the drive uses SATA, is there any way that I could connect it to a desktop, or is it just a normal drive and Windows won't allow you to read Xbox 360 games? (I know that I would then need working drivers for it.) All DVDs have a bit of code on them that allow whatever is reading them to identify the disc. Because of that, "blank" discs aren't completely blank, prohibiting you from doing things like burning downloaded roms to discs and that kind of stuff.

Last edited by twindtrout9783,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It doesn't work that way.

The DVD drives of MS are designed for the console.
Not to mention that every DVD drive is married to their respective console.
Only way to get rid of that is to flash the DVD keys of your console to a different drive.
As long as the OSIG matches and HW revision that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...