Hacking Is it safe to update system? Luma 7.0.5 and a9lh

dagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for similar threads but I'm am confused. I have an (Old) 3DS XL with luma 7.0.5 and a9lh, current system version is 11.4.
Is it safe for me to access eShop and purchase pokemon bank? Do I need to update the system before I make purchase?
If I need to perform system update, do I need to update to luma 8.0 and b9s before I perform system update?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No. You need to update to either b9s or fastboot3ds and then update to the latest Luma, then you can do a system update. Of course, you should always make a full NAND backup (and backup your SD card) before doing any of that just in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

dagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll need to make a NAND backup and follow the "A9LH to B9S" and "Finalizing Setup" guide from 3ds.hacks.guide right? Then I'll be able to make purchase safely after that?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I'll need to make a NAND backup and follow the "A9LH to B9S" and "Finalizing Setup" guide from 3ds.hacks.guide right? Then I'll be able to make purchase safely after that?
The eShop should work normally once you have updated to latest firmware version. The "A9LH to B9S" page is the correct starting point and ends in a link to finalizing setup.

If there are any further questions or problems, just ask again.

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol