Is there a way to know which camera is bad on 2ds ?

leonardorg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just go to the camera app and check
The camera app crashes imediatelly after i open it
Post automatically merged:

With face raiders app, I can confirm that the defective camera is the rear camera

But the front camera have this weird behavior, with the image repeated 8 times, is this a side effect of the rear camera not working ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240509_222256159_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240509_222256159_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by leonardorg,

a_username_that_is_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With face raiders app, I can confirm that the defective camera is the rear camera

But the front camera have this weird behavior, with the image repeated 8 times, is this a side effect of the rear camera not working ?
I don't know, perhaps they're both defective in one way or another

Bitl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I recently bought a 2DS with the rear camera issue and I took a look inside my 2ds to try to unplug/replug the camera in to see if that's the issue. I ended up almost ripping the camera cable in half because I freaked out for a moment, so I removed the broken camera from the board. I then did the same face raiders trick and got the same bugged output from the front camera.

So my hypothesis is that the rear camera does have an influence on how the front camera works if its functional. I just ordered 2 camera modules from aliexpress and I will also post my results whenever i get them.

UPDATE: I loaded the camera feature from the mii maker and got a generic Luma 3ds error with the code 0xF9605002, meaning it thinks one of the cameras is dead. Maybe it was trying to find if the rear cameras were installed for whatever reason? Interesting that face raiders detected it and the mii editor didn't

UPDATE 2: I think this could be what the Mii editor is doing: it probably has a loop function where it tries to detect all 3 cameras, and if one of the cameras has an issue it stops working. This could explain why the camera works in face raiders but not in the Mii editor.

Last edited by Bitl,

Bitl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a 2DS with the rear camera issue and I took a look inside my 2ds to try to unplug/replug the camera in to see if that's the issue. I ended up almost ripping the camera cable in half because I freaked out for a moment, so I removed the broken camera from the board. I then did the same face raiders trick and got the same bugged output from the front camera.

So my hypothesis is that the rear camera does have an influence on how the front camera works if its functional. I just ordered 2 camera modules from aliexpress and I will also post my results whenever i get them.

UPDATE: I loaded the camera feature from the mii maker and got a generic Luma 3ds error with the code 0xF9605002, meaning it thinks one of the cameras is dead. Maybe it was trying to find if the rear cameras were installed for whatever reason? Interesting that face raiders detected it and the mii editor didn't

UPDATE 2: I think this could be what the Mii editor is doing: it probably has a loop function where it tries to detect all 3 cameras, and if one of the cameras has an issue it stops working. This could explain why the camera works in face raiders but not in the Mii editor.
UPDATE 3 (sorry for the bump but its somewhat important): It looks like Tomagotchi Life's camera feature does work without any outer cameras! You can use it to test the inner camera without having the weird duplication issue Face Raiders has. However, it doesn't seem to display any output in the bottom screen, although part of me thinks that's normal.

hopefully my cameras will come soon to see if things improve :D

Just got my camera modules and both of them don't work. Either they sent me bad cameras, or there's a problem with the motherboard or the camera connector or both :(

UPDATE: turns out I just installed the camera cable upside down, NOW it works and it fixes the front camera too! Make sure you install the dark side up, not the light side. The lighter side is the one with the pins and those connect with the connector

so my initial theory was right: the front and back cameras require each other to work

Last edited by Bitl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM