MacBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone,

In a few data um travelling for (First time) swiss and germany.

I want know If there any retrogame store near Basel/Delemon (swiss) or near stuttgart (germany).

I know that maybe i should Google It, and i did but i find the info Very confuse, i dont get i the stores i found are online only, or even If they still open. So If you know any store and you can point some directions that will help me a Lot.

Thanks in advamce for your help, and Sorry for my poor english.

Regards.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By and large anywhere you go in Europe any game selling shop that is not a supermarket, dedicated major chain seller or catalogue shop is going to carry old games. Dedicated retro can be a thing but most will deal in old PS4s as well so game sellers is a more general bet for a good search term (or equivalents in French and German), though at the same time supplies older than the 360 might be limited.

Do also bear in mind you are mostly going to be finding true PAL region (Brazil calls a signal PAL but it is not) which means slowdown, and possibly the censored German versions of things at that (though Delemont is French as far as I am aware so French PAL games instead becomes more likely). It would not be until the PS1 that multi5 became common and you still have the German censorship problem, plus individual games per region/language were also still common. You might get some import NA or JP stuff but that is going to be expensive, might see a few English language things as well but eh. Do also check pawn shops/pawn brokers as they often have quite extensive options here.

You are also a bit late in the year for flea markets, table sales and such like. Most big selling events also happen in the Summer/Autumn as well but there have been some around Christmas and New Year before.

It has been many years since me or mine have been on the ground there and games was not something being sought so do wait and see if someone is going to say this little town has a surprisingly good shop (neither place is huge but when in the UK I live near enough to a town of less than 20000 which has yielded quite a bit more than the town of 100000 I lived in before did).

You can also try charity shops or the local equivalent (forgot the German term) but you are mostly going to be encountering sports games, shovelware, COD and such like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1