Homebrew Need help with primary boot YSMenu on R4

Red2503

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I am trying to make my R4 clone primary boot in YSMenu. I copied the files from "RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06/R4i-SDHC YSMenu" on the root of the SD card, but then I will get the "?MENU" screen when booting the system.

The only primary booting kernel which I could get working for my flashcard is the "Firmware v1.85b for R4-SDHC Upgrade/R4i-SDHC Upgrade/R4i-3DS {url} (English) Clone Fix v1.85b (fix)", but in this kernel, most of the games won't start successfully. I can dual boot into YSMenu from Firmware v1.85b, and then it seems to start most games successfully, but I think this is a bit anoying and I would like to boot into YSMenu from the start.

The R4 clone shows "WiFi R4i 3DS (N3DS/NDSi XL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS) {url}" on it's label. I cannot type {url} here because I don't have enough posts yet, but I have attached a picture of the label below.

1715506785547.png

Can someone please help me to make my R4 clone primary boot in YSMenu?

Reactions: BuddhaHunterMac

Tradegirl2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Especially this part of the page:

• For the following carts, download this R4.dat and replace it with the pre-existing one:
    • All r4i-gold.eu carts
    • Any r4i-sdhc.com cart that didn’t work as-is
    • Any r4i-gold.com cart that didn’t work as-is, WITHOUT A YEAR NUMBER AND WITHOUT PRO WRITTEN ON THE CART, ANY WITH A YEAR NUMBER OR PRO WILL BRICK!
    • Any r4ixl-sdhc.com cart that didnt work as is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1