Hardware [need QUICK ADVICE] What kind of sd does the switch use

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thinking now I suppose Nintendo has the monopoly of the market for the size of games using cartridges, they could use a game as big as they liked but Playstation & Xbox still using Bluray discs they can only go to the size of the disc which is a plus. I know a standard bluray disc can hold 50GB's but I also know a PS or Xbox cant use dual layer blurays so the Switch is certainly future proof if they wanted a huge game for example.
Halo: The Masterchief collection for Xbox One is well over 60GB.
Of course that doesn't fit in the BD.
So what are Microsoft and Sony doing?
Well, they have the monopoly of forcing you to install games on the hard drive, and downloading from the internet the rest that didn't fit in the BD. Meh. But they sure do.

Reactions: Reecey

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arent switch card in fat32 ?
i havent bought one so i still don't know

Nope. You are thinking SDHC.

SD Extended Capacity (SDXC™) card is an SD™ memory card based on the SDA 3.0 specification.

SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB

Default Format: exFAT

Because SDXC uses a different file system called exFAT and it works differently than standard SD cards, this new format is NOT backwards compatible with host devices that only take SD (128MB to 2GB) or host devices that only take SDHC (4GB to 32GB). Most host devices built after 2010 should be SDXC compatible.

To ensure compatibility, look for the SDXC logo on cards and host devices (cameras, camcorders, etc.).

NOTE: Internal card readers on laptops from 2008 and prior may NOT support SDXC cards. SDXC cards will work in SDHC compatible readers (not SD readers) if the computer OS supports exFAT. For more information on exFat see: Operating Systems that support the exFAT File System

Reactions: Alkéryn

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I have money to burn, I'd go for 2TB because why not? haha.
But, at this moment, I think 64gb is the bang for the buck. Or if you could stretch the budget a little, then 128gb is good.
We'll just have to wait and see how huge are the upcoming games either physical, digital, DLC, etc.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

microSD SanDisk Ultra 64GB would be a decent amount of storage, or 128GB but if you won't buy too much digital content then 64GB will suffice you.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I have money to burn, I'd go for 2TB because why not? haha.
But, at this moment, I think 64gb is the bang for the buck. Or if you could stretch the budget a little, then 128gb is good.
We'll just have to wait and see how huge are the upcoming games either physical, digital, DLC, etc.
I would go for 128 you can found those for 40$ and they are the best compromise yet
maybe in 2 years the 256GB will cost 50$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PvTrTp7Tc&pp=ygUTd2hhdCB3aGF0IGluIGRhIGJ1dA%3D%3D +1