Hacking New 2ds Refuses to boot

LongDongSilver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a cfw'ed new 3ds and reportedly from the person who brought it to me it stopped working out of nowhere. 3ds refuses to boot entirely. It doesn't want to enter safe mode nor godmode9 at all. All i get is the blue power light and a colored light next to the camera, as of now I only get the red light, and if i remove the sdcard I get a megenta colored light. I transferred all the files to a new sd card and got it to boot to the splash screen a couple of times which either just went to a black screen and stayed there with the blue light on or a crash screen for a brief second. Any suggestions?
Post automatically merged:

So I have a cfw'ed new 3ds and reportedly from the person who brought it to me it stopped working out of nowhere. 3ds refuses to boot entirely. It doesn't want to enter safe mode nor godmode9 at all. All i get is the blue power light and a colored light next to the camera, as of now I only get the red light, and if i remove the sdcard I get a megenta colored light. I transferred all the files to a new sd card and got it to boot to the splash screen a couple of times which either just went to a black screen and stayed there with the blue light on or a crash screen for a brief second. Any suggestions?
Update,if i hold safemode on an sdcard with nothing but lumas files I get either a prefetch abort or a failed to mount ctrnand

That1LoserGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try replacing the boot.3dsx and boot.firm on the sd card with those that come with the latest version of luma

i think you should also try checking both sd cards with h2testw, if the old one was failing than the files are likely corrupted, and go ahead and check the new one to make sure you arent trying to fix this 3ds with a broken sd card

Reactions: anotherthing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you test your new SD card with h2testw before you started using it?

You should indeed probably use a freshly-downloaded copy of boot.firm rather than one copied from your old card, just in case it was corrupted.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new card, h2testw on the card, and a freshly downloaded copy of boot.3dsx and boot.firm is solid advice. I had the same problem with a New 2DS XL a few weeks ago, and everything appeared fine with the card. Windows reported no error on the card, everything showed up on the Home Screen prior to everything going nuts, I could copy to and from the SD card, and so on. When I tried to power it on, blue light and the white light, and then power off. It was the SD card which the errors only showed up with h2testw.

LongDongSilver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new card, h2testw on the card, and a freshly downloaded copy of boot.3dsx and boot.firm is solid advice. I had the same problem with a New 2DS XL a few weeks ago, and everything appeared fine with the card. Windows reported no error on the card, everything showed up on the Home Screen prior to everything going nuts, I could copy to and from the SD card, and so on. When I tried to power it on, blue light and the white light, and then power off. It was the SD card which the errors only showed up with h2testw.
Did you test your new SD card with h2testw before you started using it?

You should indeed probably use a freshly-downloaded copy of boot.firm rather than one copied from your old card, just in case it was corrupted.
try replacing the boot.3dsx and boot.firm on the sd card with those that come with the latest version of luma

i think you should also try checking both sd cards with h2testw, if the old one was failing than the files are likely corrupted, and go ahead and check the new one to make sure you arent trying to fix this 3ds with a broken sd card
New luma files and the new sdcard is fine on h2testw still the same issue

LongDongSilver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the SD card completely empty when you used h2testw? It is not useful otherwise.

Can you boot into godmode9?
Completely empty, got godmode 9 to booth from another sd card get this error
unnamed.jpg

LongDongSilver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• HWTEST.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by LongDongSilver,

Neptunexz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RAM on your system is failing. The best course of action is to either replace the motherboard or the system itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto