• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Nikki Haley announces presidential bid

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Former UN ambassador under Donald Trump Nikki Haley announces her candidacy for the 2024 presidential election

As of now she and her former boss Donald Trump remain the only announced Republican candidates for 2024

Expectations are high Florida Governor Desantis will also announce in the coming months. Currently former president Trump has a large lead in opinion polls for the Republican nomination and any challenge is sure to be an uphill battle

If selected former Governor Haley would be the first female presidential nominee fielded by the republican party

What do you think? Who will be the republican nominee in 2024?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ha...bid-marks-trumps-first-challenger-2023-02-14/

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure anyone in GBATEMP can poll higher then her...
Trump 43%
DeSantis 31%
Haley 4%

So she is behind a factor of 10 or so, but I think that's why she announced early - hoping to increase her name recognition ahead of the primaries

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump 43%
DeSantis 31%
Haley 4%

So she is behind a factor of 10 or so, but I think that's why she announced early - hoping to increase her name recognition ahead of the primaries
the only way I see Haley. even realistically, in the running is if either trump or desantis bail and throw their support behide Haley out of spite so the other one does not win easily..
but I don't see that Happening as trump is going to use Running as an excuse why he can not be indicted

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I see Haley. even realistically, in the running is if either trump or desantis bail and throw their support behide Haley out of spite so the other one does not win easily..
but I don't see that Happening as trump is going to use Running as an excuse why he can not be indicted
Campaign could also be a ploy to get a cabinet job once she drops out ala Buttigieg

Reactions: Hanafuda

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Campaign could also be a ploy to get a cabinet job once she drops out ala Buttigieg
that was my first thought but Headlines are trying to put Haley as "taking on trump, as a woman of color"...I would wait to see what trump has to say about it, as if he Jumps to attack her or/and if she joins trump mocking desantis... a position will seem unlikely. Example = Ted Cruz's horse face wife.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was my first thought but Headlines are trying to put Haley as "taking on trump, as a woman of color"...I would wait to see what trump has to say about it, as if he Jumps to attack her or/and if she joins trump mocking desantis... a position will seem unlikely. Example = Ted Cruz's horse face wife.
He already attacked her, something about how she is following her heart and not her honor

Anyhow Trump scuffled with all sorts of people in 2016 who he eventually became bedmates with so I wouldn't rule it out

Kamala for instance said nasty things about Biden and look at her now

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She lied so many times she has even less chances of winning than Pence (which is none). DeSantis looks as though he'll lose to Trump and instead should have been his VP, oh well.

I'm not saying Trump will win, it just doesn't look good for DeSantis, Pence, or Haley.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Imagine believing you can win the Republican primary as a woman. Might as well be a gay black man.

Hey @x65943, please unlock the Trump indictment thread. There will be updates to it I need to post tomorrow, and it's better if there's only one thread on the topic.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I remember that centuries ago there was a guy that launched himself as candidate saying just that the rent was too expansive. Even his party name was about the rent.

I wonder where is he now, because the rent got way worse since then.

He is my favorite candidate (even that I'm not US citizen, never wanted to be and spent just 15 days of my life in the USA).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol