Nintendo Switch firmware 6.0.0 out now, adds digital game sharing

IMG_1501.JPG

After being leaked by dataminers, and then teased by Nintendo, the Switch's firmware 6.0 update, set to go live today, is now available to officially download. As noted before, this update focuses on preparing Switch consoles for the new online service. For the first three hours after the update becomes available, the eShop will go down for maintenance. Once that wraps up, you'll be free to buy a Nintendo Switch Online membership, start your free trial, and get to testing out the new features. In regards to the NES games, new information has rolled out, mentioning that players will have to download them all in bulk, together, in a ~60MB file. And don't worry, general system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience have been made.

Improvements Included in Version 6.0.0 (Distributed 9/18/2018)
Nintendo Switch Online* features and functionality have been added, including:

• Save Data Cloud Backup
    • User your internet connection to back up game save data for compatible games
    • Some games are not compatible with Save Data Cloud
    • To back up save data or download a previous backup, head to System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud Backup
    *Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Save Data Cloud backup available in compatible games. Terms apply. To learn more, click here.
Added the following system functionality

• Upload up to four Album screenshots at once on supported social network services
    • Only one captured video can be uploaded at once
  • Select from six new Captain Toad icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
  • Play your digital software and content on non-primary consoles by linking your Nintendo Account
    • The term "active console" has been renamed "primary console" in Nintendo eShops
    • Playing software in multiple consoles has certain restrictions
  • Display of Nintendo Switch News articles will be limited to match the restricted software parental controls setting selections
    • Please note that the restriction will only apply to News articles distributed after the release of version 6.0.0.
  • Change the layout of the USB keyboard to the desired language
    • To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > USB Keyboard
Removed the following system functionality

• After installing the system update, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

• Compatibility improvements have been made for a controller licensed by Nintendo

Most notably, perhaps, is the new ability to digitally share games with other consoles. If you sign into another Switch account, you can set a console as Primary or Non-Primary. A non-primary account can even play games from the primary account, with the caveat that the primary console isn't playing any digital games, and that you're constantly online.

Key Points:
Primary Console:

• You can have one primary console at a time for your Nintendo Account.
  • The first Nintendo Switch console you use to connect to Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch will become your primary console.
  • While using the primary console, any user account on the console can play the downloadable content you have purchased.
  • While using the primary console, you do not need to have an active Internet connection while playing downloadable software.
    • An Internet connection is still required to use online features or games which require a subscription service.
  • You can change which Nintendo Switch console is your primary console but you must first deactivate the current primary console.

Non-Primary Console:

• A Nintendo Account can be linked to Nintendo Switch consoles that are not designated as the primary console, however, some functionality differs from when a Nintendo Account is used on a primary console.
  • While using a non-primary console, you can still use the Nintendo Account to access the Nintendo eShop, purchase and download software, and under certain conditions, play your downloadable software.
  • While using a non-primary console, you must have an active Internet connection to play downloadable content.
    • If you lose your Internet connection while playing downloadable content on a non-primary console, your game will pause after a certain amount of time; however, once you connect online again, you will be able to resume from the point you left off.
  • While using a non-primary console, downloadable content can only be started by the user that purchased the content.
  • When using downloadable software on a non-primary console, your game will pause if your Nintendo Account is used to access downloadable software on any other Nintendo Switch console.

:arrow: Source

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
So lets say i Buy Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu, download it on my switch, log my Account into another switch and download Pokemon lets Go There,

Would we be able to play both Games on Our Switches AT the same time? (Of course with different NNIDs)
Sounds like it works like PSN, you would log in online on the second Switch, while the other person needs to be primary on your first Switch and play from there, but this is just speculation based on the description of the gamesharing feature

Reactions: renes2

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did some Tests with a friend who also owns a switch but almost no games.
We are on FW 6.0, never used CFW of any kind, and are bouth subbscribed to one year of Nintendo Switch Online.

To make it more clear lets define some common words I will be using:
Switch A / Account A -> My Switch and my Account that has all the Games on it.
Switch B / Account B -> The Switch from my friend with his account on it.

With that out of the way here is a recap on how to do gamesharing:
1) Configure Account A on Switch B (yes, you need to trust that person and give him/her your email and password)
REMEMBER to check that "confirm Password when buying stuff from the eShop" is turned ON for Account A on Switch B (you don't want other people buying stuff with your Account, right?)
2) On Switch B log into the eShop with Account A and "re-download" the games you want to play from Account A's library
3) Start the Game with Account A on Switch B.
REMEMBER you need to have a online Connection on Switch B for this to work. You also HAVE to start the Game with Account A, using any other Account on Switch B to start a Game from Account A will NOT work.

Now for some specific stuff we found out:
Switch B gets bootet out of a shared game as soon as Switch A starts a Game under Account A.
It does not matter if its a different game or the same.

Now here is the Workaround for it:
Just put Switch A into Offline mode (i Checked it by deleting my Wifi Password, Airplane Mode might also work out).
Another option is to create an Account C on Switch A and use that one, but you won't have access to your game saves.
Now Switch A and Switch B can play Games under Account A at the same time.

Some additional advice:
Since Switch B will always have to use Account A to start shared games it is a good idea to disable any cloud data for Account A on Switch B.
After all you don't want to have your precious save data overwritten by a new, fresh save.

TLDR:
Shared games can only be played under the account that originally bought them and you need to be online.
You get bootet out of a shared game as soon as the owner starts a game with the Account that bought the games.
To prevent this put the owners Switch offline or create a new Account and use that one on the Switch that bought the games.

Last edited by Kadji,

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do we have a guy to install 6.0 via ChoiDujourNX?
I guess 6.0.0 isn't interesting enough, feature-wise. Unless you play it by the rules of Nintendo, but that sounds boring AF ;-)

Horizon UI is still lacking many basic functions when compared to WiiU's (or even n3DS's). Homebrew solves a lot but Nintend'oh could've done more/better (maybe i'm just complaining for no reason, but hey..).

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But you need pay the Money to get acccess to the NES Console right? Yeah I updated for Pokemon, sadly I burned my Fuses. But thats it. Donst care so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1