Hacking Nintendo Switch Secure Boot

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've seen "Windows Services for UNIX" which made use of the Microsoft POSIX subsystem actively for both access to filedrops on older UNIX mainframes NFS shares to ports of software that I ended up having to maintain for some time. It was used enough for it to appear a few times in my consultancy work in both private and public sector.

Edit: If you want to discuss this further, we should start another thread so we don't go too off topic here. My original post was meant to be a bit of humour.

I think it's the longest prayer I've read.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe it is not a vulnerability if it was really considered "Confidential" or only for certified technicians. The really weird thing is because when you remove the Nand you go into that mode, I think that was the worst mistake. Maybe Nintendo in the future starts in the development and research of new Hardware to avoid embedded systems from third parties like Nvidia.

xaliax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's the longest prayer I've read.

I believe it is not a vulnerability if it was really considered "Confidential" or only for certified technicians. The really weird thing is because when you remove the Nand you go into that mode, I think that was the worst mistake. Maybe Nintendo in the future starts in the development and research of new Hardware to avoid embedded systems from third parties like Nvidia.

They can still use 3rd party hardware, they just need more research. I.E.: not mapping certain traces (pin 1 and 10 on joycon rail = rcm)

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you think the RMC mode was discovered accidentally? Because the Joy- Right has load failures even if nobody has entered RCM mode, is my case. They could have investigated the motivation of the failure of the Joy-con and they found this advantage of the RCM

They can still use 3rd party hardware, they just need more research. I.E.: not mapping certain traces (pin 1 and 10 on joycon rail = rcm)
Also, I doubt that you want to continue using Software or Hardware of third parties (Unless you use these manufacturers to develop your Software or your Hardware, and it is not an existing technology that may have ignorance and bring vulnerabilities), if you are required to publish the code Source or Open Source used in your system during development.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM itself isn't a vulnerability. The vulnerability is the firmware doesn't validate the request lengths before accepting transfers.

This is like how ntrboothax on 3DS isn't a vulnerability in itself, since that method is used by repair shops to evaluate and/or repair bricked 3DSes. The vulnerability there is the boot ROM's signature validation is broken, so it will accept an incorrect signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land