Noun Adjective Verb

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's late for me, and by late, I mean it's nearly 11pm and I have to be up before six tomorrow morning because of the whole over an hour to get to school now thing. Not so bad. You get a lot of motivation to move your ass when you're looking at the prospect of not making it too school if you don't get moving. Walking from where I am is the opposite of an option unless I want to get up at three in the morning and guess my way through the last fourth of the journey (lots of turns that I tend not to pay attention to).

Moving onto other things - today is 9/11. This is quickly turning into my least favorite day of the year, and I have a grimace plastered on my face as the thoughts of it bounce through my mind. Now, it may not be a great day for you for a few reasons. Those reasons differ for me though.

Spoilered for a couple of reasons. It's long, and it is a tad ranty and may set off other people. If you have a strong sense of patriotism or something like that, I wouldn't read the below unless you have an open mind to accept some different views and some definite facts.

- People won't shut up about it. I get it, it sucked. It was horrible. It was a disaster of monumental proportions. It has been 10 years though. Something that adequately sums up my feelings about it all:
"What's the difference between a cow and 9/11? You stop milking a cow after 10 years."

- Some wonderful things I've read that worded my thoughts better than I could have: we have alienated a religion and a people. We have made every person that matches the skin tone of what we consider to be a terrorist into the enemy. We deny them their religion, talking of it like it's the curse that will bring the USA into the ground. Even if they just look middle eastern, regardless of their religion, they're a Muslim extremist or some bull shit. This behavior is unacceptable on many levels, and I'm ashamed to have to associate even by nationality with people that lead with that example.

- 9/11 has been used as an excuse, over and over. It has been used to abuse the trust of the people, kill many soldiers that died for what? Finding non-existent WMD's? Having themselves forcefully inserted into the inner conflicts of a country where they didn't belong? To this day, 10 years after 9/11, we still have soldiers where they shouldn't be, fighting in battles they shouldn't of had to participate in, in the first place. Not to mention, whenever an action is brought up that has anything to do with terrorists, 9/11 is brought up to push the issue so hard that something just needs to be done about it. It's horrifying to see what the US has turned into over an event now 10 years old.

- The country has become a mess because of 9/11. Our national debt wasn't great, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, a lot of it because of the war we created for ourselves. I wish I could remember what I read before, but the war alone has managed to create trillions of dollars in debt. Wars aren't cheap. The US hasn't been debt free since the Civil War. We just compound it with war after war after war, and now the country is circling the drain because of one day that has been used for an overly long battle for all of the wrong reasons.

With that finished, I will say that I think using this day to remember those that were lost and those that aided so greatly in rescue efforts is great. The US needs to stop dwelling and begin to move forward though. This is just one of many things that is tethering the US to the past, making it unable for the country to move forward and truly create a better place for all of its people. Imagine if we hadn't spent trillions on war, and instead, we spent massive amounts of cash like that improving things like education, and creating an expanding job market. I know that is a little too ideal in this world, but the effort has barely even been there to move forward.

It is a truly disappointing thing.

Less 9/11'ny stuff:

- Video games have started to bore me. They just aren't all that interesting these days. Guess I'm just too focused on the more important things.
- I'm a senior in high school now. Holy shit, last year of the standard learning. Come this time next year, I'll be entering a four year university, hopefully on a full ride scholarship.
- Getting up before six in the morning every other school day blows.
- I'm learning my way around everywhere these days. I have to travel so much, that I'm just about set for within a one hour radius of this place (and obviously more here or there).

That's about it. I am incredibly tired, so excuse overly used words, unclear thoughts, or anything else that may create any discrepancies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto