Hacking Power Light Green Black Screen

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Wii was bought at midnight of the very first release of the Wii. Before I was aware of or it was possible to soft mod and use USB Loaders, I installed a Wasabi DX using a solderless adapter. Over time I installed the HBC using the twilight hack. I installed what was needed to run the HBC and eventually installed a few wads for different purposes. I used the HBC for emulated games and I booted Wii games through the Disc drive. The system was fully updated to 4.3u. I used this system with no issues all the way to just after the launch of the Wii U.

With the system running great and having all I wanted installed a lot of time went by and I had not been looking into what was going on with the Wii hacking scene. I also only researched and performed only what I wanted the Wii to do and avoided modifying too much. This unfortunately included BootMii and Preloader. This also means I did not do a nand backup.

About 5 months before, we started using the Wii mainly just for Netflix. One night, a couple months after the Wii U launch, we had been watching Netflix and paused it. The system stayed on all night. I noticed the next day and powered it off. That night, we go to watch something and the system powers on, the drive initiates but then nothing happens. Absolutely nothing on the screen and the system does not respond to the controllers. The Power light is green and the Drive works no problem but nothing on screen.

I have tried:
-Removing Modchip
-Other Working power/video cables
-Replacing the BT module.

Anything else that can be done to revive this Wii or should I just toss it? Already moved on to the Wii U/Soft Modded vWii but this system keeps calling to me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like a hardware problem. Could be wifi module or something else.
chart_d.png

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have a SaveMii dongle. Oh but I got a friend that barely uses their Wii, I could see if I can rip it open and swap the WiFi dongles and see what happens. What would be next if it isn't the WiFi dongle and I already replaced the BT dongle?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I don't have a SaveMii dongle. Oh but I got a friend that barely uses their Wii, I could see if I can rip it open and swap the WiFi dongles and see what happens. What would be next if it isn't the WiFi dongle and I already replaced the BT dongle?

Not sure. I don't think you can do much if it's a software brick, you would need at least a dump of the keys with xyzzy to flash anything to the NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡:angry: !