[Question] How can i set a good development enviroment for C programming on Mac

MrLucariox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I wanna learn C but i cannot set a developing enviroment on my Mac. I am super noob on this subject so can somebody enlighten me?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried Xcode, it's Apple official IDE, it's free and it's the best IDE I've ever used.
If you want something lighter you can try a text editor, I'd recommend Atom,
but first I recommend trying Xcode.

MrLucariox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
What I worry about xcode is its agreement.I dont have to worry about the agreement if i dont use apple sdk's, right?

D

Deleted User

If you're running a Mac, then the basic utilities you need for C Programming should already be on there. Use the command line. You can use the nano command line text editor to write code, then compile your code using gcc. Stuff like Makefile should also be supported out of the box.

The command line can be a bit intimidating at first, but look up some tutorials, and you should grow quickly accustomed to it.

You can also install XCode if you want, but you're by no means forced to use an IDE.

MrLucariox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If you're running a Mac, then the basic utilities you need for C Programming should already be on there. Use the command line. You can use the nano command line text editor to write code, then compile your code using gcc. Stuff like Makefile should also be supported out of the box.

The command line can be a bit intimidating at first, but look up some tutorials, and you should grow quickly accustomed to it.

You can also install XCode if you want, but you're by no means forced to use an IDE.
How can i compile using Make?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1