Rock Band 2 and 3 not working with SD card

REVD814

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having an issue with rock band 2 and rock band 3 not being able to use an SD card, even when it's empty. I followed the instructions found on Mario cube.

I added a few songs on the SD and I would only get the error that says something like “SD card cannot be used, SD card disabled” in RB2 and in RB3, “An unknown error has occurred”.

I followed the tips at the end of the cios tutorial that says to set the ios to 249, 250, or 251 if the game does not work, but I keep getting the same error message.

I decided to format the SD card and test it empty, and I got the same errors. I have the original disc for RB2 and I get the same error even after following the instructions for using the disc channel.

The SD card I am using is a SanDisk Ultra 16gb SDHC I. I know that the card is working since I was able to run the apps off of it when I followed the instructions and I can copy data on and off.

I am using USB loader gx with wbfs files.

Does anyone know what I can do to get the games to work with an SD card?

EDIT: The SD card is being used for DLC. I am using the disc channel and the loader as I have both the physical disc and the backup.

Last edited by REVD814,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

only wiiflow lite and configurable loader v70 plays games on usb and sd.

usb loader gx plays games only on usb.

format sd card fat32?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

only wiiflow lite and configurable loader v70 plays games on usb and sd.

usb loader gx plays games only on usb.

format sd card fat32?
No they're after adding the DLC songs to SD, not the game itself... And it's been that long since I did it, I can't remember how sorry (I'll have a quick nosey about to see if I can remember)! It's not just a case of formatting the sdcard though.
EDIT: No I can't remember sorry! I'm sure it has something to do with using a different ios than even 249-etc... the answer will be here on the temp somewhere I'm sure!

Last edited by mightymuffy,
Reactions: jeannotte

REVD814

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 2GB SD card since I read in a few places that RB 2 doesn't work with anything bigger and I am no longer getting the error on the disc channel or from the backup on the USB loader.

I still get " An unknown error occurred" from RB3.

Since the SD card was recognized in RB2, I tried adding some DLC to the SD card ( =formatted to fat32) following the instructions from Mario Cube but I still cannot get the DLC to show up on the disc channel or the backup. I tried both with and without the "use nullkey" option and with a few different split wads.

I've searched around some forums but I haven't been able to find any solutions.

Hisota

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone!

I answered this in other topic, i'll reply here, because i can't insert links yet:

"""""
I tried different posibilities for the exactly same problem, and i finally found out a solution to this (have nothing to do with the model of the wii, i think). Are two (or one) missing files in the nand of the wii, specifically from the wii store called "shop.log" and "shopsetu.log", this files have to be inside the folders of the nand in this locations (you can use Wiixplorer to find out if they are on the NAND):

shared2/ec/shopsetu.log and shared2/succession/shop.log

If you don't have this files, you need to generate them in the places that i mention (just create an empty Notepad for every file and put them in the specific locations). I don't remember exactly how i did it, but it's like: generate and saving the files in the SD (from the PC), and then with "Wiixplorer" on the Wii, add those to the nand (enable first to add files on the nand from the config of the Wiixplorer).

The other way is to generate an emulated NAND from USB Loader GX, save it in the HDD or flashdrive, create the files on the PC and save it directly on the emulated nand (and then run the game from the emulated NAND).

Maybe are different ways to do this, but this two are the ones that i remember, that worked.

Please, be careful with these steps (consider this as an idea to solve the problem, and not as an step by step solution), i don't take any responsibility for any damage that this idea can make to your Wii.

Good luck!

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

""""

cateater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
creating a new shop.log doesnt work
i tried it that shit didnt work until i used someone elses shop.log which was 1kb
then it worked now i use emunand
rb2 dlc doesnt work at all unless you use any sd cards under 2gb
anything past 2gb will not work

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
for RB2, I get the sd card corrupted data issue. (128GB SD card)
for RB3 I get the song limit issue, i use an ocarina code to bring the limit to 3000. working so far. just had to mash the green fret to get into the song select menu. will report back later. the thousand or so songs that loaded in before worked, unlike RB2.

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
You need to run the Wii guide
Run modmii
Run the Wii shop this to confirm you have internet access
Run rb 3 once in usb loader gx 1271 or later once, turn off Wii, move SD into pc from Wii
Use the wad2bin tooling to import dlc to your SD card, make sure to have the correct version ID plus prefix , only one everytime or choose the bigwad which have a list of songs, then you get the bogus file, run this in yammm install, uninstall, install
Run Rb3 and it should start importing

Now repeat wad2bin for the next bigwad dlc, the process takes around 4-6 hours

I bought a 64gb sd and have now 2091 songs

and get RB3 deluxe for Wii from

Last edited by Sander1974,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1