Rumor: Batman won't be voicing Batman...

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BOOO ADDING AN ADDITIONAL FUNCTION TO THE GAME IS BAD.

Holy fuck are gamers so self entitled that they'll complain about additional aspects of the game (like multiplayer) being added? It's not like every game sacrifices single player for multiplayer. Although if the game does vice versa everyone's okay with it.

That's because Batman games shouldn't have multiplayer at all. It's okay with other games, sure, but fucking Batman? Are you serious? The only thing I could think of, is if the story has multiple characters or something or is built for co-op, but multiplayer that's like Assassin's Creed where you're working as a team or something, no fuck that shit.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because Batman games shouldn't have multiplayer at all. It's okay with other games, sure, but fucking Batman? Are you serious? The only thing I could think of, is if the story has multiple characters or something or is built for co-op, but multiplayer that's like Assassin's Creed where you're working as a team or something, no fuck that shit.

People were saying that multiplayer had no place in Mass Effect and look how that turned out - we got an incredible addition to the game that's still going strong. If they had listened to the naysayers criticizing the very existence of such a mode, the game would have been poorer for it.

The only limitation here is imagination. Maybe see what they've come up with first before condemning it out of hand.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People were saying that multiplayer had no place in Mass Effect and look how that turned out - we got an incredible addition to the game that's still going strong. If they had listened to the naysayers criticizing the very existence of such a mode, the game would have been poorer for it.

The only limitation here is imagination. Maybe see what they've come up with first before condemning it out of hand.

Yeah but with Mass Effect, it was a squad based game. So it sort of made sense and fit in.

But with Batman, Batman is someone who does everything on his own, aside from say like Robin or something. The only possible thing I can think of is the arena challenges are two player. That's it.

TheJeweler

Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call fckin shenanigans. Batman isnt batman if there are no Hamil or Conroy. Dini was a genius and without him then what the hell. I hope this new Arkham wont suck

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but with Mass Effect, it was a squad based game. So it sort of made sense and fit in.

That's easy to say in hindsight.

But with Batman, Batman is someone who does everything on his own, aside from say like Robin or something. The only possible thing I can think of is the arena challenges are two player. That's it.

Except for Robin (as you said)... and Nightwing... and Batgirl... and Catwoman, and Batwoman, and geez, if we start throwing in the likes of Spoiler we could be here all day. The Batfamily's pretty huge at this point, so while Batman often tackles crime on his own, expanding the character count is hardly a stretch.

Besides, if you can't think of anything outside that, you're just not thinking. Off the top of my head... Batman vs. Mercs. One players is Batman, the rest are mercs, the mercs have to try and catch the Bat while they pick him off one by one. That took a second to come up with, and would fit the series well. It's not hard, really.

With a good budget and design time, imagination is the only limit. Blindly pigeonholing what can and can't be done with the franchise accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: KingVamp

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's easy to say in hindsight.

Except for Robin (as you said)... and Nightwing... and Batgirl... and Catwoman, and Batwoman, and geez, if we start throwing in the likes of Spoiler we could be here all day. The Batfamily's pretty huge at this point, so while Batman often tackles crime on his own, expanding the character count is hardly a stretch.

Besides, if you can't think of anything outside that, you're just not thinking. Off the top of my head... Batman vs. Mercs. One players is Batman, the rest are mercs, the mercs have to try and catch the Bat while they pick him off one by one. That took a second to come up with, and would fit the series well. It's not hard, really.

With a good budget and design time, imagination is the only limit. Blindly pigeonholing what can and can't be done with the franchise accomplishes nothing.
That would be a good mode now that I think about it. Perhaps have a king of the hill type thing where the person who kills Batman becomes Batman for the next round. But the only thing is, how would you go about doing that? You'd have to have A LOT of pitch black places for Batman to hide as people as the mercs will constantly be looking everywhere and not static like NPC mercs. That or I was thinking of something of like say a cargo ship where Batman can go on top of the containers and everything so he can move fast and such. Iono, that'd be interesting to see.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think his partners should have more of a presence since he is a bit younger and should be more accepting for direct help.

With the death of Joker, that should really leave a path for a new generation. Batman Beyond!

I reserve judgement until I see gameplay.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Why are people getting annoyed over all the Arkham changes? It makes sense that they get a younger voice actor for a game that is a PREQUEL. You don't NEED to play Origins it's just there to give you the history of the Batman we know and love in Arkham. If you're all so mad just ignore Origins and wait for Rocksteady to come out with Arkham 3.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It makes sense that they get a younger voice actor for a game that is a PREQUEL.

Though I do not actually have anything invested/care and often play with the sound off I should note that by the point Batman became Batman his voice would probably have solidified and though a person may age their voice can remain the same pretty much for life.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Though I do not actually have anything invested/care and often play with the sound off I should note that by the point Batman became Batman his voice would probably have solidified and though a person may age their voice can remain the same pretty much for life.

Well it is a video game so realism probably isn't a thing it's going for and for all we know they could be casting someone who sounds a lot like Kevin Conroy but has that younger tone. Although my earlier post was more of a rant a better way of saying it would be that it makes sense that they cast younger voices so that they can emphasise that the game is indeed a prequel and not a main Arkham game like Asylum and City.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mark Hamill, Who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars also Voiced the Joker for 19 years in everything non live acted so we are talking the Cartoon and Games. He quits the role and his last performance as the Joker was Batman: Arkham City

Now take his name
Mark Hamill
Remove the Space
MarkHamill
Remove the 1st letter and the last 3
Its like he was born for the role D:

Thats your mind blowing fact of the day!

Reactions: Mythrix

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiplayer:
"I'm Batman."
"No, I'm Batman!"
"Get lost losers, I'm Batman."

That reminds me...

Ey3A4PI.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair no one thought multiplayer would work on a lot of games and it has. Mass Effect was already brought up but what about Assassin's Creed? Ever thought that game would have multiplayer, let alone good multiplayer?

Don't knock it until you've tried it. My point is that have we as "gamers" become so self entitled that we will actually bitch and moan over additional features in a game that don't even harm the core of the game? It's not like you have to play multiplayer, in the end it's additional content that you can touch if you want or not touch if you don't want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Fuck off spam bot.