[RUMOUR] Here's your first look at Pokemon Switch

This image has been floating around and we are told it is from Pokemon Switch[prebreak]1[/prebreak], leaked by a member of the internal translation team at Nintendo:

Capture.JPG

After some further investigation, it appears the image was initially posted by:

PvamQ19.jpg

It's since been removed.
Who knows if it's real, or not?

It's also a slow news week, so far.. :unsure:

adrian226

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really have no idea whats peoples see in pokemon games :D I tried many pokemon tiltles on gba,ds,3ds - everytime after playing fews hours i got bored as hell but i really tired to find that something in those games. Also i like jrpgs like FF etc. - not bad story, cool graphics and now tell what have pokemon series i think there is none of these 2 things. ?

D

Deleted User

[BREAKING NEWS] Pokemon title and logo are leaked (may be real, very high quality)

3Tjik37.jpg

Bad.
Pokémon Japanese logo never say Pokémon, it always say pocket monsters and it's always the largest part of the logo.
Image feels too empty too.

Also, this thread is 7 pages long and no one mentioned it so far.
There's a signature in the tilted screenshot, someone's fursona is at the bottom right, under the screen, so it's very likely fake (don't get your hopes up for the real game though, it's still from game freak after all)

Last edited by ,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gut says fake, but I feel like it could be real. If it is, I'd say that the graphic style and camera perspective isn't quite living up to what I wanted, but it does look like it would be serviceable enough. Regardless I look forward to seeing more of it, and at the very least I like how the Pokemon are in the overworld now.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah those names have got to be fake. 0 and 1 seemed like cool names for the next Pokemon games, though they were obviously fake. In a similar sense I think Null and Infinite could make for really cool names too. But frankly I wouldn't be opposed to them breaking tradition and making it a one entry game simply titled 'Pokemon' with no subtitle, making it the first and only game to simply named Pokemon. And if done that way it could act as a platform, maybe it has 1 or 2 regions when it ships, but in time they can add more regions, pokemon, features, etc through DLC, which would really make the standalone name of Pokemon all the more fitting.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah those names have got to be fake. 0 and 1 seemed like cool names for the next Pokemon games, though they were obviously fake. In a similar sense I think Null and Infinite could make for really cool names too. But frankly I wouldn't be opposed to them breaking tradition and making it a one entry game simply titled 'Pokemon' with no subtitle, making it the first and only game to simply named Pokemon. And if done that way it could act as a platform, maybe it has 1 or 2 regions when it ships, but in time they can add more regions, pokemon, features, etc through DLC, which would really make the standalone name of Pokemon all the more fitting.
As interesting as that sounds there's probably no way GameFreak would consider it. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had like 5 extra Pokémon and a couple new Z moves but those were released as new games. There's a lot more money to be made with 2 versions and additional games. People will pay $40 (or possibly $60-$80 if prices are anything like other Switch games) but most people probably won't buy DLC that's priced the same as a game.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As interesting as that sounds there's probably no way GameFreak would consider it. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had like 5 extra Pokémon and a couple new Z moves but those were released as new games. There's a lot more money to be made with 2 versions and additional games. People will pay $40 (or possibly $60-$80 if prices are anything like other Switch games) but most people probably won't buy DLC that's priced the same as a game.

Well it stands to reason that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were new games. They clearly started as a third entry under the old way of things and just kinda evolved into something new in the form of two titles instead. What I'm talking about is a fresh clean slate and a new approach, and as such, can't be judged in regard to what just recently happened within the series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc +1